20: The Calm Before the Storm

With Patrick only half out to his family and Pete still closeted, three months in secret went by quickly. Even with the amount of time they spent together.

Kirstie came over a few times pretending to be Patrick's girlfriend, and with both of them being decent actors, it fooled his father well enough. Patrick returned the favor for Kirstie.

pdiddly: hey, brendon, i know this is random, but i never got an answer as to why ryan punched me. am i allowed to ask...?

He waited a few minutes before the response came.

brendon: no, yeah, you're allowed to ask. whoever did it outed me to my parents. they weren't too happy at first, but they're okay with it now as long as i go to church with them.

pdiddly: crap, dude, i'm sorry.

brendon: yeah, it's okay now though. i'm glad they know. it's a lot easier on me.

brendon: hey...also...i'm sorry in advance, but i don't know how much more we're gonna be able to just text and stuff.

pdiddly: did i do something wrong...?

brendon: no! no, ryan just gets sort of possessive sometimes. he doesn't like that i text my ex-boyfriends so much.

pdiddly: oh.

brendon: yeah...maybe we can still hang out at some point?

pdiddly: no, i don't want to hurt your relationship with ryan. don't worry about it, i'm fine.

brendon: you sure?

pdiddly: yeah, it's fine. as long as we can still talk sometimes even if it's just at school :)

brendon: okay :/

Patrick didn't respond after that. He was hurt, and he didn't realize he was chewing on his lip until he could feel his lip tingling in pain. So, that meant his friendship with Brendon was virtually over because of a controlling and possessive boyfriend. Whatever, right? It's whatever.

Tapping on his thigh, then progressing to running his thumb along the "rock scar" along his forearm. The thing was, it actually did look like he'd just seriously fucked up his arm doing whatever the fuck he was doing when he smashed and scraped against "a rock", and it was easily believable. Had he had an identical one on the other arm, it wouldn't have been believable, but with only one, it wasn't bad.

Though, if one knew what it was, it was terrible.

He opened up his laptop and browsed Netflix before turning on a mindless show to distract himself from the fact there was school the next day. That, and the fact Brendon pretty much just told him they couldn't be friends anymore.

Patrick considered texting Pete, asking him to come over. It was sort of late, but he didn't really know whether or not Pete really would want to come over. Still, he was sitting on his bed in silence. He paused, though, and upon remembering his dad was staying at the hospital overnight, and wouldn't be coming back until Patrick was at school, he figured it would be fine to text Pete.

pdiddly: hey... you doing anything?

petewheezy: not really, why?

pdiddly: wanna come over? i'm sorta in a weird place right now

petewheezy: yeah sure. should i bring a bag and spend the night?

pdiddly: yeah, sure. i'm out to my mom and my dad's not coming home until tomorrow.