ChO4

Indya and I got home around 7 o'clock at night and the sun was just beginning to go down.

We walked into the house and the sounds of yelling could be heard. We looked at each other and rolled our eyes as we heard our mom and dad screaming at each other .

This had been going on for a couple of weeks now and it was starting to get old. Every day they'd argue about something new. It was like their marriage was fading away.

"Ima go shower" Indya told me. I nodded and made my way into the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and seen that it was empty. Nothing but a ketchup bottle and a jug of milk sat in display.

I sighed and closed it making my way to the cabinets. I was even more disappointed to see nothing in there but an old box of stale Ritz crackers.

I closed that and leaned on the counter trying to figure out what I was going to eat. I knew I should've said something when Isaiah asked if we were hungry.

The arguing of my parents were starting to get louder which was driving me crazy. I hated the sounds of people arguing, especially the people I loved and cared for the most equally.

I grabbed Indya's keys off the table and made my way out the door. I was gonna go for a walk to get away from the sounds that brought back memories from back then.

I walked down the road and took the short cut to our city's park. It was empty due to the fact that the sun had went down and it was dark out.

I walked through the basketball court and made my way to the empty swings.

I plopped down and gripped the chains on the side. It was quiet, and kind of cold. What was I thinking not grabbing a jacket?

I kicked at a small rock that was beneath my feet.

The thought of being on this swing brought back some of my child hood memories. Growing up I didn't have a great child hood. I didn't have a great life period.

There was that secret that I kept. That no one knew about, which explained why I acted the way I acted and why I distanced myself away from people the way I do.

I sat there and thought.

A figure from the corner of my eye caught my attention. I watched the figure move swiftly through the dark night.

I began to panic, my heart beginning to speed up when I noticed the figure was coming towards me.

It was night time and I was all alone out here by myself. It could be a kidnapper or a murder for all I knew.

It was a person for a fact, but I was trying to make out who it was and debating on if I should get up and run away or not.

Thats when his face could be seen a little from the street lights that were across the street.

I calmed down a bit when he took a seat next to me on the swings. Neither of us said a word, we just sat there staring off at nothing.

"You know, I didnt mean to come off as a dickhead" Stokeley said breaking the silence.

"Nor did I mean to offend you in any type of way. I think of all your flaws as something unique." He stated.

"How did you know all of that?" I asked him.

He shrugged.

"I just could tell. Something about you, tells me a lot about you" He said.

I nodded and it became silent again.

"What are you doing out here?" He asks me.

"Just thinking. What are you doing out here?"

"I got bored so I came out here" He said. "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure" I say getting up off the swing.

We walked side by side down the sidewalk in the dark. It was that silence between us again. But not an awkward one.

It felt like we'd been walking for 20 minutes. We were all the way across town; on the quiet side.

"Can I ask you a question?" I finally spoke up.

"Anything"

"What do you do on your free time. Ya know? Like when you're not with your friends"

"I make music and mostly just chill" He said.

"Thats it? You don't work anywhere? Go to college or anything?"

"Nah I don't work. And I dropped out of school at 15" He said.

"Oh...." I said regretting that I asked him that.

"What about you? What do you do?"

"Im a Junior in high school, going on my Senior year when school starts back. I dont work and I like to take pictures of nature and weird stuff" I tell him.

"You a photographer?"

"Thats what I aspire to be"

"That's cool."

"Yeah"

"I need to check out some of your pictures. You keep any of them?"

"Yeah, I have a scrapbook back at my house. Maybe one day I can show you my pictures and you could let me hear some of your music"

"Yeah that'd be cool"

"So tell me. Why did those boys jump you that day at the store?" I ask him out of curiosity.

"Some shit that had to do with Jahseh. He had beef with some niggas and since I was caught slipping alone, and they knew me and him was tight they got me"

"Wow.." I say unsure of what to say next.

We continued to walk and talk for what seemed like about an hour. Usually I'd get tired by just walking down the steps of my house, but while I was with him I felt like I could walk and talk to him for hours.

He kept it simple when he talked yet he was so interesting.

"its going on 9. You should get home, its getting late." He said.

This was my first time talking to a guy for this long. I wouldn't even let one get past hello with me.

"You're right" I say not really wanting to go home.

We turned back around and he walked me home. We showed up in front of my home and stopped.

I turned to him, trying to hold back my smile that threatened to creep over my face.

"Thank you for walking with me. You're more interesting than I thought" I told him.

"Yeah. I could talk about aliens and all that weird shit for hours" He chuckled.

"Me too" I smile.

"See ya around" He says tucking his hands in pockets then walking off.

I watched him disappear into the night before unlocking the front door and going inside.

<>

You guys home schooling is so harrddd :( but at least I can work on my school work whenever I want to.

That way I can keep writing and keep you guys updated 😘.