Chapter 24

[SUMMER VACATION YEEE--

Summer school starts June 1st. On a fuckin Thursday. And state solo & ensemble is next weekend...

Kill me.]

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 24

Reese's POV

Waking up Monday morning was peaceful, aside from the fact that I started getting changed for school unconsciously. By the time I had zipped up my pants, I remembered that I was on my spring break now. With that in mind, I yanked my pants off, and my shirt, and didn't even bother wearing my sleeping clothes again; just stayed in my boxers. I fell across my bed with a thump and stared up at my glow-in-the-dark-star-covered ceiling. The morning sun seeping through my window warmed up my chest and I inhaled a deep, steady breath. When I exhaled, I felt my muscles unwind.

Spring break. A whole week of chilling out and taking a vacation away from the demanding environment of school. No homework, no books to read, no essays to write, nada. A whole week to catch my bearings and spend more time with Ben.

At the thought of Ben, I reached for my phone on the nightstand and sent him a text. I felt like seeing him today, but I knew he wouldn't come over until Wednesday, when he'd come to take me to that music festival a few cities over from Wriamont. I'll admit I was a little nervous about it. Not only do I rarely leave Wriamont and see any other city in the state of Indiana, but I've never been to a music festival. Hunter has taken me to see rock concerts in the past, but they're more local and familiar. This festival is gonna be a full blown, EDM, alternative, dance festival with crowds and crowds of people from many other cities. I've heard people like to smoke there, and sometimes they do other substances that I wouldn't be compelled to do. But I agreed to go, so I shouldn't complain about anything. Plus, if I'm going with Ben, I'm sure I'll be fine.

I typed up a message on my phone and sent Ben the text. For a few minutes, I laid there, waiting for a reply. He usually responds right away, so I never have to wait for more than three minutes. It's been more than three minutes, but I don't do anything else. I just placed my phone down and relaxed in bed. For awhile, the only things I stared at were my stars. I expected to hear my phone buzz with a notification, and I also expected to fall asleep. Even though it was a free Monday, and I could sleep in however long I wanted to (until work, that is), I didn't crash out again. Instead, I sat up, reached for my nightstand drawer, opened it, then grabbed my Nintendo 3DS. Inside, there was also a box for Ben's cartridge. I figured I shouldn't leave it out in the open in my drawer, so, a while ago, I put it in the box to keep it more safe. I haven't played Majora's Mask 64 for weeks. The last thing I left off on was getting to Great Bay Temple, and that's it. On the one hand, I want to finish the game so it won't be incomplete, but then on the other hand, I was worried that it would be insulting to Ben if I did. Either way, I wasn't going to play today.

Most of my morning was spent playing Animal Crossing (because Animal Crossing is so god damned addicting, and I don't know how or why--it's ridiculous). Noon came quicker than I thought and the moment my stomach growled was when I realized I hadn't eaten breakfast...or taken my pill. (That would sound strange, saying out loud. I need to take my pill. Sounds like I'm on birth control.)

Pausing my game and shutting the Nintendo closed, I hopped out of bed to hurry to the kitchen. Mom was at work by now and Hunter was crashed out so hard his loud-ass snoring could probably be heard through a five foot layer of cement. I got my dose of Zoloft, then decided to make breakfast.

After about ten minutes, I had made enough bacon and scrambled eggs with potato for Hunter and I to gorge on. The second I shut off the stove burners, my brother rounded the corner into the kitchen, barely awake.