Enlightenment

Life. Such a simple but complex word. When you are young, life is a big adventure that you just can't wait to experience. The patience leaves you and you just want to enjoy it now. Who cares that you will have the rest of your life ahead of you? That is in the future, you just want it now. Immediately. That is the problem with children. They don't want to live in the present. They don't want to prepare for the future. They want the good in life without waiting for it, without earning it. It doesn't matter what world you live in, muggle or wizard. Children are the same. The impatient youth turns into the impatient teenager who then turns into the entitled adult. Always wanting what you can't have. That is a simple problem that hasn't changed nor will it ever. Children want to grow up too fast. Teenagers think that they know it all. And adults don't end up knowing anything.

            Life is an endless circle. You live, you grow and you die. Sometimes life is filled with wonder, joy and happiness. Then other times life is filled with sorrow, despair and misery. Environment plays a key role in the product of one's life. Not the outside environment of the world. No, the environment of how one is raised. If you are raised in a predominantly dark family, then the chances of you being dark is highly probable. That isn't an absolute. There will always be exceptions to the rules. Same thing goes for muggles. If you are raised in a prejudiced environment than the chances are pretty high that you will also be prejudiced. Again, there are exceptions. Children are more easily influenced than parents would like to believe. Some parents will religiously not allow swearing around their children because they don't want them to pick up 'bad habits' but they don't realize that children watch everything that you do not just what you say. Sometimes what you don't say has a bigger impact than what you do say. Your life choices and daily routines will rub off on your children. They see the way you lead your life and want to either be just like you or the furthest thing from you.

            But ultimately life comes down to choices. You could have the perfect picture family and still turn out bad. You could have the worst family in existence and turn out to be wonderful. Yes, life starts out by the environment by which you are raised but there comes a point in your life where you have to take credit. Blaming your family will only get you so far. It is the choices that we make that define who we are. Are the choices that you make today going to be ones that define who you are you for the rest of your life?

            The average lifespan of a muggle is about 80 years. The average lifespan of a wizard is about 115. When you go through life knowing that your time on earth is limited, that changes your mindset. Everyone dies at some point. That isn't a what if or even up for debate. It just is. Every single person whether you are muggle, wizard or magical creature will at some point die. If you knew when and where you were going to die, it might lead you to live life to the fullest. It might make you wake up and stop living for other people, it might make you see past the mundane and grab a hold of life's reigns. Live everyday like it were an adventure. Or it might just depress you to the point where you can't even get out of bed the next day. The beauty of life is that it is different for every single person that experiences it. Your life compared to someone else's, is drastically different. There are no two people who will have the same life. No two people who will have the same experiences. What is good for you might be someone else's nightmare. Perspective.

            Perspective. It is unique. Two people can look at the same problem but see vastly different solutions. Perspective on life changes with each person. The opinion of one is not the opinion of another. When you believe that just because you see something a certain way that that must mean it is the only solution, your perspective has now been skewed. Emotions tend to run wild when people disagree on someone else's perspective. When does a simple difference of opinion become a debate? How long can you debate something before you realize that you are now fighting? Emotions.