Chapter Nineteen: Phone a Friend

**

Sarah pulls out her iPad and logs onto Sebastian's Instagram. I wait for whatever it is she wants to show me. Apparently, it's comical from the huge smile on her face.

"First," I start, pointing to the screen. "Just a friendly reminder that we're up one-hundred thousand followers already in the last twenty-four hours. That puts Sebastian at six-hundred thousand in the two days that his Instagram has been up. Amazing!"

"I know," Sarah replies happily. "And his first picture—the cover for his GQ cover—is already at three-hundred thousand likes. But, that's not the best part. The best part is the freaking comments."

Sebastian holds his head in his hand. "Sarah, please don't read them—"

"First and foremost, there are about three thousand comments already, and half of the comments are referring to him as 'daddy' which I find absolutely hilarious."

Sarah's laugh is loud and contagious, paired with the fact that women are calling him that is enough to make me burst out laughing, too.

"'You're soooooo hot,' Sarah begins reading. 'Que Hermoso!' with heart emoji's. 'OMG I'M DYING,' someone commented, and they proceeded to tag five of their friends. Someone said that you're looking quite 'snackable' with a plethora of heart and kissy emoji's. 'It isn't fair how gorgeous you are,' and another 'I wish I was legal' comment from a teenage girl. And this guy—good looking guy—commented, 'I think I'm gay now.' That comment has one-hundred likes!"

Sebastian is beet-red at this point as Sarah is literally crying in laughter. I take the iPad from her and continue reading.

"'Lord have MERCY' someone said. Not 'mercy,' but 'MERCY.' There are a lot of 'damns' with heart eye emoji's and...oh my god!"

"What?" Sarah asks, wiping tears from her eyes.

"'I just want to sit on his face so badly' with a desperation emoji."

"Alright, alright, give that to me!"

Sebastian gets up and tries to take the iPad away from me, but I quickly turn in the chair and keep reading more.

"Don't even get me started on the direct messages girls are sending him and the picture's they're tagging him in," Sarah says. "Today, his notifications have been overflowing with people tagging him in 'Man Crush Monday' photos."

"At least people are acknowledging the fact that he's on Instagram."

"Yeah," the sarcasm in Sarah's eyes is all but hidden. "Right."

Her phone suddenly begins ringing as she takes the iPad from me. She excuses herself out of the room, leaving Sebastian and me alone together. It feels as if the moment Sarah walks out of the room, the air becomes thinner and harder to inhale. Sebastian, sitting the way he usually does—one leg propped up with an ankle resting on the knee of his other leg—sighs loudly and looks around the room. I miss talking to him. This isn't a confession I would be bold enough to tell him, but I do miss talking to him. I'm unsure if his colleagues or friends acknowledge this fact about Sebastian, but he has a way of lifting your spirits ever so slightly; slightly enough to take notice to it.

"Your hair is growing out," I say to him. He directs his attention to me, a little startled like he hadn't expected me to talk first.

"What? Oh, yeah. To be honest, I don't like it." He runs a finger through his soft tresses and chuckles modestly. "I'm going to get it cut soon. I feel like a goddamn caveman."

"It isn't so bad, that length. Maybe don't cut it too short?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I've always liked my hair short."