Chapter 22 - ELENA BATTLE! Day 4

**

"How long do we have left?"

"We can no longer make predictions..."

"What do we do?"

"There are no other options..."

"We can't..."

"We must..."

"Drakaia swore that she would rise. And if it is with Dracul we have to be prepared for the worst."

"The worst? The worst is nothing more then the end of this world, a world can be reborn, trust me, I have lived through the 'ending' more then once."

"This is no laughing matter Director,"

"Laughing? Me? Never. I am just saying, this is not the ending of the world, it is the start of a new one. However even I do not know how this will turn out,"

"Even though you have the strings to this puppet show?"

"The puppeteer pull the strings, but the puppeteer doesn't always write the play..."

**

I open my eyes to my room flooded with sunlight that has managed to seep through the gaps in my blinds. I push off my blanket as I stretch my arms out before I stand up and open the blinds. I look over to at the time, 7am, I'm late. 

I walk out of my room and sneak past the kitchen and out the front door with my bag. It was Friday and was my turn in the first battle rounds. Already so many have ducted out, and so many have been claimed too injured to continue, others have pulled out due to there first result being too low. 

We started with 360 students who signed up, 120 from each school, 200 from my grade. From my grade... 112 either pulled out or just didn't appear, and with that 4 are unable to continue due to injury.

83 people to compete against...

Day 3 and 4 is said to be for the irregulars.

The days are set out with 2 days of regulars, 2 days of irregulars, then 2 days of regulars, and repeating.

Soon we will be able to go see the Grade 12 Battles, they are held somewhere else, somewhere where the next round will be held.

I take a deep breath as I begin to walk to the stadium, it is 8:00. My battle starts at 8:30.

I have time for a warm up, but not as long as I would like. 

I wonder if Aunt is there already? She wasn't at home. Why didnt she wake me up?

I begin to hear the crowds cheers, so early for the crowd to be in there, why are they there?

I begin to hear the announcer,

"Attention. It seems that competitor Elena Tate has not arrived on sight, and due to this we must cancel," 

What? I sprint into the stadium,

"Wait! Wait! I'm here!" I yell. The crowds stop there booing and begin cheering.

"...it seems Elena Tate, Grade 11 has arrived!" The announcer says.

I look at my opponents, I have no idea who it is as they were a cloak, is that allowed? Where is his dragon?

One of the side medics begins to speak to me, "Where is your dragon?" He asks,

I grab the whistle around my neck and begin to blow as an echoing high pitched whistles causes the crowd to go silent as everyone wait to listen.

"5, 4, 3, 2, on-" I whisper a count down, just as I hit one the roar of the war dragon is heard as my dragon flys over and down into the stadium.