14

GATHERING OF THE FIVE FAMILIES

“So, what brings us all together today?” Nura spoke as he took a sip of champagne from his glass, looking at Natsu who was seated at the opposite side of the table.

“I believe you already know,” Jellal said, making Nura shift his head towards him.

“Is this about the events that I’ve missed to attend?” he asked. But nobody answered him, “Alright. Forgive me if I wasn’t able to attend your wedding, Natsu. And also the burial of your wife’s father as well. You see, the dates just didn’t match up with my schedule.” Nura said with a fake apologetic smile on his face, “My condolences to your family.”

The salmon-pink haired who was sitting majestically on his chair gave Nura a bored sigh.

“It doesn’t really matter if you were there or not,” Natsu started as he played with his glass of wine on his right hand, “That’s not why we’re all here today.”

“We believe you’re behind all the illegal drug-related activities circulating near our territories.” Rogue Eucliffe said.

Nura’s eyebrows twitched.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” he said, avoiding the eyes of the four clan heads.

“Oh but you do,” Lyon Vastia’s arms folded on his chest, “all your hoodlums were crushed by the Dragneels, one of them admitted they worked for you.”

A fist slammed on the table.

“Shut your mouth!”

Realizing what he just did, Nura let out a tensed laugh.

“Forgive me for my sudden outburst, but you don’t have any proof,” he said with a smug face.

“Proof?” Natsu spoke, getting everyone’s attention.

“Don’t joke with me. This is the mafia, not the police. We don’t need evidence for protocol,” he said with his ever authoritative voice.

Nura’s fists tightened underneath the table. He was never a fan of Natsu. To him, he was an arrogant man who takes advantage of the power he possessed.

“Just admit it and you’ll be off the hook, for now.” Jellal said.

“You’re blaming me of something I did not do,” the accused said in between gritted teeth.

Natsu placed the glass he was holding on the table and returned his hands on the comfort of the armchair.

“This is the last time, Rikuo. If you break the rules again…” Natsu started, “well, I don’t think I have to tell you. You already know what’s coming.”

Nura slammed both of his hands on the table as he stood up furiously.

“Fuck all of you! I will never admit to it! Bunch of arrogant criminals!” he shouted as he got out of the meeting room and slammed the giant doors.

“Criminals eh. Aren’t we all?” Jellal said smirking.

.

.

.

“Just you wait, Dragneel. The next funeral you’ll be attending will be that of your woman’s.”

Nura said with venom in his voice as he walked through the halls of the huge villa where the Family heads would gather.

Following the dismissal of the meeting, all of them returned to their respective ‘businesses’.

They were busy men after all.