52: Liam adopts Lea

"Just 2 more." Lea thought.

"Goodness. If I was not seeing everything you have done, I would never believe any 5 years old could possibly eliminate huge dangerous beasts 32 times over!! And in 12 days at that.

"Even for a Spirit like me, you truly are unusual. What is in your head, dear lemon Lea?"

Over the course of essence absorption and battles, Lea accumulated several times the amount of essences that slowly made her grow. From 3 years old to 5 years, she was growing steadily fast.

"........" Lea had taken it upon herself to ignore Ingrid's gibberish talks every so often as it was a waste of energy to reply every time. She was not one to talk, and responding in thought would consume time. She needed to get back into the situation concerning the impending war to avoid heavy casualties and save her friends as soon as she could.

"Yes!! JUST IGNORE ME ALL TOGETHER. Now that I'm useless to you now... *SOBS* Hwaaa... *SOBS*"

With a sigh, little Lea closed her eyes and thought. "Fine. I simply want to finish this fast. After the remaining beasts, I'll head to Chlad."

"I see. I see. You are truly kind and sooooo sweeeeet! I'm so glad you are what you are right now, dear Lea~ I don't care if you seem stronger than normal humans and beasts, but be careful if you meet any Spirit."

To Ingrid's warning, Lea felt her heart thump. She then pondered over her reaction. She wondered if the constant battles have shaped her into a battle junkie. It would not be so bad if she did not feel excitement for every thought of danger in her way. With a complicated expression, she continued to stride towards the nearest beast. It had 7 spear-like thorns on its back, no eyes, razor teeth, sharp ears and the rest looked similar to a wild boar. The height was 10 meters high.

"................" Lea observed the beast that was unusually huge and dangerous. She had been fighting dangerous beasts over the past weeks, however, she noticed that as she got closer to Avalon, the more deadly the beast she would encounter. She was increasingly getting more anxious over Chlad's situation.

Without further ado, she maneuvered her little body to catch the huge unusual beast on its back. With huge concentration of essences on her palms, she stabbed her way through the back of its head where it was usually softer if there was no hard shell covering. In a few seconds, she had made a hole on the beast's head. But beasts don't simply die from a hole on their head.

Little Lea jumped several meters down and landed on the snowy ground with a thump. She gazed at the beast with her ruby eyes.

During her time of consecutive beast battles, she had learnt that manipulating beasts were much harder due to their incompatibility with essences. It seemed essences would rather avoid mingling with beasts unless an adept human essence manipulator could provide a better method.

Thus, little Lea focused most of her essences on her bones and muscles to create devastating attacks, but it would prove inefficient if she was against fast moving targets. She had thought of manipulating essences much like Imhe, but her location had barely any other element of essences.

With brief concentration, Lea focused her essences in the air while the beast was stunned. In a few seconds, she had visualized huge sharp icicles. And without changing her expression, she silently commanded the icicles to pierce the beast at all sides. They were by no means devastating, but they would serve a good ground for her next move.

She breathe in and out to restore balance on her essences for her core to once again focus its attention to her next plan. Another brief moment, she had summoned a sharp ice Javelin in her hand. In an attempt to reach the beast's chest that was at 8 meters high, little Lea summoned temporary landings for her feet to climb up in the air. For every step, the step would disappear to dust. Several landings were summoned every 2 seconds for her to step on until she finally aligned her little body in front of the beast's chest.