Chapter 23 - The Dream (Pt. II)

Third Person P.O.V

''Don't you think, Children of Fairy Tail?'' as Ivan flashed a sinister grin. The place went silent, but you could feel the atmosphere getting tense as their stares get more intense.

Suddenly, Ivan chuckled. The two were caught off guard and just stared at Ivan who was laughing.

''Those looks on your faces..'' He inhaled and exhaled before he spoke again. ''They bring excitement to my spine!'' he said while smiling like a lunatic.

They both clenched their fists and their expressions got angrier as they couldn't stand Ivan's psychotic personality.

''Those eyes! Makes me want to pull them out and keep them!'' as his disturbing laugh echoes again. It's as if he has gone mad.

He is mad.

Flames started revving up in Natsu's hand as he went into an offensive form. ''What are you doing here?!'' Natsu furiously asked.

''Calm down there, flame boy.'' as Ivan gestured a 'stop' sign with his hands. ''I'm also here as to why you two are here.'' as Ivan smiled.

The two were taken aback. ''What do you mean you came here with the same reason as us?'' Lucy asked.

He grinned. ''I'm here to find the rat that is on the loose.'' they could only raise an eyebrow as they were confused.

''Well, by rat I mean (Y/N).'' he said which made the two fairy tail members shock and more confused than they were.

''He's one greedy rat if I may add.'' He laughed. ''He used Hades for his own gains. He was successful if you're wondering. He managed to take the king's throne.''

'Managed to take the king's throne?', Lucy questioned Ivan's statement in her mind. She couldn't quite get what he meant.

''I've had enough of your nonsense!'' Natsu screamed and initiated to attack Ivan. He stood there like he was unmoved by all this.

Natsu was surprised when his offense failed as it quickly passed through Ivan like it was just a projection.

''Still the same hot-headed fairy that you are, Natsu?'' he grinned for the nth time. ''You really need to know that sheer power alone doesn't always win the battle. You need to have this too.'' as he touched his temple.

''Why are you finding him?'' Lucy asked abruptly which made both of them look back at her. Ivan was serious, but soon smiled broadly.

''That is a question I cannot answer, Young Lady.'' as Ivan moved closer to Lucy. Natsu quickly ran towards them and tried to punch Ivan, but it passed through again.

Natsu 'tsk'-ed. He went in front of Lucy as to shield her. ''You need to go through me if you want to get through her!'' He claimed.

Ivan was gasped and then gave out a laugh. ''Hahaha, fairy tail at it's finest.'' he smiled. ''But. don't worry. I don't have any plans on making a move on you kids.'' He paused and gave them a stare. ''Yet.''

''You scumbag!'' but, Ivan didn't listen.

''Here's a friendly advice to you as your former ally. You would want to stop searching for him.'' he said which made them puzzled again.

''I'm afraid this is all the time I have at the moment.'' as Ivan walked towards the darkness.

Natsu ran in the direction of Ivan to try and catch him. ''Is lie different from the truth? Tell me, Fairy Tail.'' as Natsu was stopped when the darkness held him.

''You see, most people think of lies as something completely different from the truth. But, what if the lie is the truth?'' he asked which made the two puzzled once again.

''The lie is the truth, isn't it? The only difference is, a lie is the masquerade of the truth.'' he grinned sinisterly.

''I tell you this. He will come for that lie. Soon.'' he laughed as Ivan completely disappeared from the darkness and Natsu could move freely again.

''Damn it.'' Natsu cursed in a low voice and bit his lip.

Lucy was still confused by all that's happening. Natsu kept ranting about Ivan, but Lucy was so in deep thought that she couldn't hear anything from him.

'What did he mean he? Did he mean Hades? And there it is again, he said soon..' Lucy mumbled to herself.

'Soon?'

IVAN'S P.O.V

I must say that I never expected to see Fairy Tail in (Y/N)'s room. The night had already consumed the sky and the clouds moved away, which gave way for the moon to shine so bright.

I can't help, but feel the excitement that everything is going according to how I want it.

Soon.

Prepare yourselves Fairy Tail. Things are about to go down quicker than you would expect.

Soon.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

SOON!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Soon. The King shall fall and its army shall fall too.

______________________________________________________________________

Short update <3. Things are about to go down in the succeeding chapters, so buckle up!

If it isn't too much, I would like to ask everyone. What do you think will come in the upcoming chapters? I already have the rest of the plot and the ending down, but I would like to know how you guys think this story would end.

Comment!

Give this chapter a vote and follow me if you haven't!

Happy Reading!

- Junho