Ch1O

I woke up to an empty bed, not my bed though.

I sat up and looked around trying to remember where I was the other day. And then I remembered Stokeley and I fell asleep on his couch. He must've brought me to his bed whenever he woke up.

I pulled the covers off of me and went across the hall to his bathroom. I looked in the mirror and my hair was a mess.

I groaned and used the toilet. I flushed it and washed my hands then splashed some water in my face.

With my hands, I fanned my face since I had no clue as to where any of his wash rags and towels were.

I left the bathroom and walked down the hall and into his living room.

He was asleep on the couch with a pillow underneath his head and a blanket over his body.

I went over and grabbed my phone off the coffee table. I pressed the home button and read over my notifications.

Stuff from snapchat, stuff from twitter and stuff from Instagram.

10 missed calls from mom. 6 missed calls from dad. 21 missed calls from Indya, along with 32 messages. And 15 missed calls from Mya, along with 9 messages.

I called Indya back first. She answered on the first ring.

"Where are you!?" She screamed into the phone.

"Chill, why are you yelling? I fell asleep at Stokeley's house"

"I tried calling him too but got no answer! You are in big trouble. Mom and dad thought you went missing so they called the police but the police couldn't put out an amber alert unless you were missing for 24 hours sharp!!" She said.

"What the hell?"

"Next time try letting me know where the fuck you are " She said.

"You are not my mother, Im 17 and I dont need to let you know shit about my whereabouts." I fussed back.

"Whatever. Just get home, and be prepared for an ass whooping" She said before hanging up.

I took in a deep breath and let out a sigh.

"You in trouble?" Stokeley's raspy voice asked.

I turned around and looked at him.

"I really didn't mean to stay over. I thought I was gonna wake up in the middle of the night and make it home but I guess I was wrong" I shrugged.

"Ima get myself together then take you home" He said.

He got up and stretched, then put his hand on the lower part of his back like an old man.

"You know you didn't have to sleep on your own couch right?"

"I didn't want to invade your privacy. And I didn't want to sleep in the bed next to you and then you woke up, freaking out thinking I did something to you" He said making me laugh.

"Go get dressed" I told him.

After he did what he had to do we pulled up in front of my house.

"We still on for tonight?" He asked.

"Meet me back there at 8" I told him stepping out of his car.

"Bet" He said.

After I shut the door he pulled off and I headed up the driveway. I took a deep breath then unlocked the front door with Indya's keys.

I walked in the house and seen my mom standing to the window, watching Stokeley's car leave.

Indya was sitting on the couch with an annoyed expression on her face.

I closed the door behind me and looked at Indya, we made eye contact and she mouthed the words 'get ready'.

"Hey mom" I spoke up.

"So thats where you were? With that boy?" She asked still staring out the window.

Once he was completely out of sight she turned away and looked at me.

"No, I–

"Dont try to lie to me. Ive already called Mya and asked her if you were with her." She said

"I accidentally fell asleep at his house" I said truthfully.

"So thats what you're out doing now?" She asks.

"Do you know who that young man is? His own mother kicked him out of her house because she couldn't control him and his bad ways" She said.

"How do you know him?" I asked curiously.

"Because I was once friends with his mom, Asian! Him and all those other boys Indya has you hanging around are nothing but trouble and they belong in prison!" She yelled.

I stood there and listened.

"That boy started going to jail at a very young age. YOU ARE 17 YOU SHOULDN'T BE HANGING AROUND HIM. DO YOU KNOW HOW OLD THAT BOY IS?? I could get him locked up for messing with you! They beat on women because thats the way they were raised!! They grew up seeing their moms get beat on by different men"

"The one Indya is messing with beat up his last girlfriend for cheating on him!"

"She made that up to get him sent to ja–" Indya started but got cut off.

"THATS WHAT HE TELLS YOU TO KEEP YOU AROUND. But back to you because I already got on you earlier. This is your only warning , I will seriously call the police on that boy"

"Why? It isn't like we're doing anything mom" I say trying to defend the both of us.

"Are you kidding me? You stayed at this man's house! You two are definitely doing things. Now when you end up pregnant, don't come to me looking for a place to raise your baby. You're on your own"

"WE AREN'T EVEN FUCKING" I say out of anger.

"Did you just curse in my home Asia?" She asks.

"Mom, im sorry, but really Im not–

"I dont want to hear it. That's the end of that. If I catch you or Indya around those boys again, im calling the police and getting that boy back locked up, and you"

She said pointing at Indya. "Im kicking you out"

"Wow" I say.

My mom dismissed herself from the living room and I just stared at Indya.

Neither of us said a word.

I couldn't leave Stokeley alone now. I was just beginning to really like him.

And more than just a friend.