Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Original Edition: Chapter 3

"They get on my nerves," Indigo mumbled to herself as she steered her dark green 1951 Chevy pickup down the idyllic suburban neighborhood.

Yeah, she said 'no' to a lot of the guys that asked her out. She scratched that answer. Yes, she said no to all the guys that asked her out.

She was exhausted from the dating game; picking the wrong guy to give her heart, mind, and sometimes body to.

The however occupied her head as she took a smooth right onto her street. However, she didn't want to be single all her life. Never had a plus one accompanied her to one of her parents' benefit galas or had she had someone to have dinner with after a long day at work.

"The losers are probably right," Indigo thought as she eased her pickup into the driveway and shifted the gear from drive to park.

The radio was barely high enough for her ears to pick up the quiet storm mix she had created on her iPhone. She blocked out all the ambiance of suburban life swarming around; the kids running down the street playing soccer, on bikes or skateboarding; housewives gossiping on the sidewalk and couples walking their dogs at a brisk pace.

She kept her eyes trained on the garage of her craftsman styled home. She scrolled down all the past relationships she had had, wondering which one of her old boyfriends had made her toss her heart in a chest of adamantium and throw away the key.

It could've been Lloyd that knocked her out the dating game or a combination of all of her past loves.

Either way, she knew one thing, it was time for her to get back in the ring. The world was full of men and they weren't all Corey's, Darius', or Jasper's.

The clack of nails and soft paws swishing on the car window pulled Indigo out of her mind. She killed the ignition and swung open the door.

"Baby!" she squealed patting the over-excited Cane Corso's head.

"We have a problem," Tate Larsen spoke up in a serious tone as humor played on his tanned features.

She stopped petting her baby to stand to her full height. "What?" She received the leash he handed her.

"Well...a new couple moved in two streets down..." He combed his paint-stained hand through his wavy, wheaten tresses. "And they have a Pomeranian." He twisted his mouth.

Indigo looked down at the black-maned canine. "Gambit! You made another enemy?" her tone turned motherly. The dog looked up with golden eyes. "You gotta make a friend." She patted his massive head. "Tate's not going to be around forever."

"Hey!" Tate dropped to his hunches and flung his arm around Gambit's thick neck. "Don't tell my homie that." Tate stood before Gambit could drag his pink tongue up his rigidly handsome face. "How was the baby shower?"

Indigo folded her arms and tilted her head. "Do you think I'm going to die a Spinster?"

Tate's azure eyes shot open. "Huh?"

Which one of Indigo's boyfriends was the worst?