My introduction.

Okay so this is my first official fan fiction that isn't just a one-shot. I really hope it's okay. The first two chapters are leading up the meeting rocket and explaining the backstory I guess.

Enjoy!

"I ran. That's right, once again I was running for my life. Jumping fences, heels squeaking around sharp corners, and my goggles getting plastered with dead bugs. Stealing from the local street market makes people a big target where I lived, and having so little money, I stole from it. Every. Single. Day. Don't get me wrong this time it was nothing major, just a bit of bread, two apples and a bottle of beer. It wasn't like I stole the whole food cart!

The sound of a roaring crowd was drowned out long ago by the pounding of my heart in my eardrums and all feeling in my hands had been numbed by the piercing, ice-cold wind that flew by me with every stride I took. The aching strikes of my feet against the earth was starting the build, and soon enough I found myself running out of breath and scouting for a good hiding spot.

Four fences, six corners and a dumpster later I lost the mob.

"All that for a bit of food?" I puffed. "Eh, who cares home time for me." I let out a sigh and wiped the dirt from my knees as I moved from behind the bin and back onto the alleyway. The moonlight was a nice relaxing sight and as the sun disappeared, stars scattered the sky and I kicked a few rocks from under my feet. My aunt used to say that each star was a family member that had passed on. Which I guess made the biggest two my parents. Every night she would point them out and say they were always there, watching and guiding me. Truth be told I believed her, even if I knew they were just suns in other galaxies, it was still nice to think they were there.

I know what you're thinking. 'Oh no anther tragic backstory!' I wish! That would make me and this story a lot cooler. But sorry nothing of the sort. My parents died in sad but reasonable ways. Dad died in a car crash while drunk and mum died quite literally from hearing the news. Turns out heart attacks really do happen at any age. Anyway, there was four kids, and we all got stuck with our crazy aunt. She's nuts. Me and my three brothers have been close for years but everyone went their separate ways after finishing school. Henry is a famous scientist for the Imperial Collage of London, Zak (Zackery) owns a dirt bike track in Wales, and Connor joined the army after failing everything but P.E class.

As for me, I trained in nursing from my aunt. It wasn't an official degree but she was an army nurse and gave me the best medical training I could have ever wished for. However, we couldn't afford to send me into higher education then so I 'acquired' money and goods for me and my aunt to get by until I could find a job.

"AUNT CHARLOTTE!" I yelled as I slammed the door behind me and made my way to the kitchen.

"WHAT!" She retorted. "I'M REALLY FUCKING BUSY!"

"JUST LETTING YOU KNOW I'M BLOODY HOME!"

"THANK FOR THE USELESS UPDATE, I COULD SMELL YOU'RE UGLY ARSE AS IT ROLLED THROUGH MY FRONT DOOR!"

"LOVE YOU TOO AUNT"

"Yeah yeah..."

I chuckled to myself as I scraped the butter on the fresh-ish bread from this morning's escapade and slapped on some beef slices, making sure to remove the crusts on my aunt's sandwich. Stepping over the disgusting hairless cat, seriously who the fuck likes those things, I delivered my aunt a beef sandwich.

"Took you long enough." Aunt Charlotte, not removing her attention from her knitting, stated. I tossed the plate down on the coffee table and strewed myself across the lone chair in the corner of the room.

"Piss off the neighbours again aunt?" I snickered. She only gave a huff in reply. "Well looks like we need to repair our fence again."

"My fence you little shit."

"Yes, your fence, you do it."

"Now see here," she chanted "you will fix my fence 'cause you live here for free."

"A'ight."

The silence was defining between me and aunt Charlotte. We hadn't been all that close in the last year, she didn't approve of my method of 'obtaining' things but didn't openly object. She didn't really have a choice, we were broke and on the verge of being evicted. I stole so she didn't have to be put in a nursing home. She said they 'made light of the nursing job' and 'didn't deserve the title of nurse'.

"I found a wad of cash in the trash this morning." I finally cut the silence. "I'm going out for a drink tonight with the extra money."

She said nothing. I knew she knew I lied about 'finding' it, and she hated arguing with me on the night before her birthday. For my aunt and I, drinking was an escape. It also kept us warm on those nights where we couldn't afford the heating bill. The cat rubbed itself up against my leg.

"Ugh!" I wailed. "Get your cat off me!" I kicked it in her direction and it yelped, gripping my aunt's dress for stability.

"[Y/N]!" Aunt screamed.

I gave a little low chuckle and legged it up the stairs and into my room. The old bat couldn't climb the stairs even if she tried. I sighed, flopping face first into my bed and created a few bed angels, before deciding on a little nap. Sleep was something I rarely got enough of and right now, it was all I needed.

"Just a bit of a nap before tonight" I yawned, pulling off my boots and chucking them on the floor. "It'll do me a bit o' good."

"YOU'LL BREAK A HOLE IN THE FUCKIN' FLOOR THROWING YOUR SHIT AROUND LIKE THAT." Aunt shrieked.

"NIGHT AUNT!" I responded, before counting the glow-in-the dark stars on my ceiling and falling into a not-good-but-will-have-to-do sleep."