Chapter Forty-Seven

A/N: Try to read it with the music!

I got on the plane with an eerie feeling around me.

I had seen Sam and even though it was frightening at the beginning, he dropped out the act of being a bad guy and we actually talked. I kind of felt proud of myself. I did achieve what I needed, yet I was worried about the whole thing.

I didn't actually care about Sonya's doing...but something was bothering me...I couldn't exactly pinpoint it but I had a bad gut feeling...

Ok. Things could have been much worse, couldn't they?

I had my closure.

I got to say what was on my mind.

I said goodbye.

Now, it was time to face the consequences of what I just did.

Was Scott going to be pissed? Definitely yes.

Was everyone else going to freak out and talk about me? Truthfully, they were talking about me. That was a fact. Whether I liked it or not, it really didn't matter. People were going to talk about me no matter what I did. I couldn't act caring on other's opinions. I had to live my life as I chose to. Even if no one else liked it.

I just hoped Scott could see that.

If the flight to Paris had seemed fast, time blurred this time.

My plane landed back in London in a matter of what felt minutes. I stood rooted to my seat until there was no one else behind me and I literally had to step down.

Dreading what was to come couldn't cover it.

I was absolutely panicking on my seat. My heart was constricted and I could feel the unsteady thumping inside my ribcage. The stewardess smiled sympathetically at me as I passed her. I could only grimace at her.

I passed through customs and as the clerk finished stamping my passport I couldn't stop myself from stepping back as my eyes landed on the large herd of paparazzi behind the glass doors I still had to go through.

My eyes scanned the people and I couldn't find Hugh among them. I could, however, spot Sean in his bodyguard pose.

He didn't look happy. At all.

I winced as I finally crossed the doors and the cameras started flashing and different men started screaming at me at once. It was quite disturbing. Sean grabbed me by the elbow and trailed me through the people towards the exit doors. He was accompanied by two other bodyguards that I didn't recognize. At that moment I thought about Robin. Had he been fired because of me?

I really hoped not.

Oh God...

I should have done things differently...like telling Scott where I was going and what I was doing it. Even if he freaked out.

If there was one thing I regretted about this whole thing was that...

Guilty and embarrassed I stepped in the car to find Hugh frowning at me. "Are you ok?" his green eyes searched my face and arms for signs of I don't know what. After reassuring himself that I was ok, he took a deep breath and leaned more comfortably on his seat.

"What happened Em?"

I told him everything.

Every gesture and almost every word exchanged. Hugh listened carefully and I could only see a few expressions on his face as I talked. Like the time I told him I kissed him on the cheek he winced and shook his head disapprovingly, making me stop and glare at him.