chapter 7

"We shall take one of them" Joshep suggested looking at everyone for an approval.

"Are you out of your mind?"  Now it was my time to yell." No bloody woman will step a foot on my ship! "

"Technically a tale not a foot" he corrected me.

"For the sake of God,  they are Sirens! We will be killed in a matter of seconds!" Emil yelled.

"We won't be killed, but we must be careful otherwise we may end up dead" I stated.

"Jacob! This is the best option for us. We take one of them and threaten the rest by letting us go  unharmed or we'll kill the Mermaid" Joseph voiced.

This man was crazy. " Sirens do not have emotions! They do not feel regret, love, pain. They don't care about no one but themselves. All we are for them is food! And by taking one of them if we even can do that, we won't change anything!" I exclaimed.

"We can't even take one of them! You know we will be to lured in for trying to take someone. Even if we try she'll probably eat us" said Greg.

"We won't know unless we try. We can at least try something and die trying or don't do Anything and still die."  Joseph added.

" With this  I  agree Cap'n.  If we don't try well die for hounded percent, but we can try and do something" Emil stepped in.

I sighed holding my head in my Hands. " We have no idea where the cure is, we don't even know what the cure is,  what form does it have. What can we do? " I asked Joseph.

"Son have you not understood it Yet?"  an old sailor asked me. " The Sirens are the cure! " he stated making my mouth fall open.

"Sirens are the cure? What are you even talking about old man" exclaimed Emil.

"Sirens or Mermaids whatever you shall callem are all wemen. All of them look like a dream from heaven,a Goddess from the sky. Oh how sweet they are, how many wildest desires of yours they promise. They hypnotise you with their innocent eyes, beautiful faces then take you with  them to the depths where they eat you to bones! But mark my words boy they will be Mermaids swimming opon is within an hour." he whispered.

"When I was a lad my father told me about a Mermaid who was in love with a human. She saved him. But how no one knows. You'd think this is a tail but it ain't. Don't you think they are capable of doing something else but killing humans?  Think about it" the man finished.

I sat there  thinking. How could this be possible... How? Was it a joke or could this be real. Maybe a Siren  really could cure father.

But how do we know. How do we even make her do this. Why would she save him.

"If what you say is true then we shall have one on-board. We should catch them. We will have to kill as many of them possible. Scare them away, then take one of them.

"I heard singing attracted them" Joseph spoke.

"Then we shall sing"