{Chapter 26}

My Possessive Vampire Boss
__________

_Chapter 26_

Hearing those words puts all of my attention on her, my eyes are widened and my jaw has dropped to the floor, like if I'm a character in a cartoon movie. I'm too shocked to do anything at the moments, my body is stiff and I can't move a muscle. I can't believe that she is my real birth mother, that is just unbelievable. I don't know if I should really believe her but then again she always has told me the truth and has never lied to me. Besides, she has been so good and kind towards me. Maybe because she is my mother, she has always been so nice. Maybe she just feels pity or guilt and that's why she wants to help me or something.

Sebastian laughs like a maniac, just like he is in a movie. I haven't seen many horror movies since they are just far too scary for me, by I've seen a few. For most of them, I never had the courage to finish them. "I think you forgot she's in the room. Such a shame she has to find out this way" He tells her. I wonder is she was ever going to tell me the truth about this. Daphne looks at me with sadness but all I can do is gape at her. I don't even get how she could have kept this away from me for this long. I got to remember that she gave me up when I was just a baby, she didn't want when I was born so why does she want to be in my life now?

Daphne takes my hand but my body is so stiff that I can't move my hand from her. "Emma, I wanted to tell you sooner" She tries to explain to me, but I don't even know If I want to listen to her. My mind is between mad and glad but unfortunately I can't make up my mind on which it is. "Why?" I all I choke out of my mouth followed by a tiny sob. I think I've made up my mind, I'm angry and sad at the same time. I feel like sadness is the only thing that I feel these days, so I just want to take a nice vacation from all of it, with the shining sun and maybe I should take a sun bath to relax. That would be all I need right about now.

Sebastian vampire speeds out of the room leaving us to talk, or that is what I thought, but he comes back with popcorn and soda. "Don't stop, this is better than a movie" He says and is eating his popcorn and then takes sip of his soda. Is he really making a joke about this, none of this is something to joke about, this is serious, and he doesn't understand that does he? And here I thought vampires knew manners since he is much older than I am, and I know all manners. I can't shake the fact that he is too rude to everyone, and for a little while I thought I was warming up to him, and he to me, I guess I was wrong like I have been about everything else.

"Emma, I need to tell you something and I'm not sure if you'd listen to the truth" She says calmly like she's talking to a normal person but right now she's talking to me and I'm supposed to be her daughter, right? I don't think I'm not completely convinced about all of this but it is much better to let her speak to explain everything to me. I need to have everything in order and not in knots of confusion in my head. "You can explain" I tell her without making a face. I have never been in these kinds of situation before because my life has always been in order.

But now when I'm in this kind of situation I don't know what to do but to be brave, which by the way is hard for me. "I will tell you everything, however this place is not the best place to tell you. Besides, I'm not the one that will get you out of here so you'll need the company and I want to keep him from harming you" He says. Why does everyone do that? Just want to explain to me then tell that this isn't the right time nor place but to me everything is the right time and place since my life is so complicated and there is no way my life will ever be the same again, I just know that. Well its kind of obvious.

I had a line in my life that I did follow but now I'm too for from that line and I can never pick myself up and go back to the line where my life used to me on. I miss that life where I had nothing to worry about. "Then how on earth are we going to get out of wherever we are? I don't see an exit" I say. Why isn't she the one helping me out of this place, for one second I don't like this. I just want to go home and stay there for the rest of my life. "Don't worry, I have a good feeling you'll be safe soon, right now I think you need to eat. Your stomach hasn't had enough for food for three days" She tells me.