89. Fears/Nightmares - Michael

Part 4/4

...
Requested by:
@SkyGuysFlick
...

Wow... this is it guys

Michael:  
Your biggest fear was thunderstorms. You didn't like the loud noises or bright flashes, nor the sound of wind whipping against a building while rain poured down. It was too much and rather frightening to your young mind. So it was an unspoken rule that Michael never left you alone when there was a raging storm outside. Usually you'd curl up on his lap and watch a Disney movie, or maybe eat junk food, or play a game. Really anything to keep you happy and distracted.

But sometimes the thunder rolled in while Michael was busy working, and you'd have to tag along to things. Things like studio sessions where you'd cling to one of the other boys legs while Michael was recording, the occasional interview, and lots of joint songwriting sessions. They weren't your favorite, but Michael did his best to make you feel safe and comfortable.

"Y/N," you could tell that it was before your normal wake up time as soon as Michael gently peeled back the covers from your body. You frowned lightly and shivered, one of your Mother's friends was supposed to be babysitting you that day anyway as Michael and the boys had a big interview to attend.

You squinted and opened your eyes so you could glare at the gentle face of Michael, looking down at you.

"Good morning Princess," he smiled when you yawned and squirmed.

"Too early," you replied, ready to flip over and go back to sleep. You didn't though, as a bright flash of light illuminated your room in a harsh white glow for a moment. You froze up, and sure enough a few seconds later a loud clap of thunder erupted from somewhere not too far away.

That woke you up right away, as you launched yourself at your brother. Your arms wrapped around his neck as you buried your face in his scruffy cheek.

He sighed and picked you up, allowing you to cling to him even more.

"Do you want to come to the interview?" He asked in his raspy early morning voice.

You nodded and nuzzled even closer to him as the storm continued to rail against the house outside.

Michael tightened his grip reassuringly, and carried you over to your closet, "what do you want to wear?" He asked gently.

You could be a bit of a fashionista at times, you had always liked dressing up in costumes and fun bright outfits that your brother spoiled you with. You slowly pulled away so you could look down at your clothing options and choose.

It was a difficult decision as always, but in the end you decided that you wanted to he just like Michael, so a few minutes later the two of you were both wearing black converse, black skinny jeans, and band shirts. The main difference was that Michael was wearing a Metallica shirt while yours was 5SOS merch. Either way you were both clearly coordinating.

After you were dressed for success, Michael carried you down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Do you want strawberries or blueberries with your toast?" Michael asked just after setting you down to sit on the edge of the countertop.

"Y/C," you hummed uneasily, shuddering as you looked out the window to see the trees outside being violently thrashed around by the powerful gusts.