Chapter Thirty Three

ANAIS

"Therese..." We sat on the bleacher after over half an hour of playing tennis. I leaned my arms against the back of the bleacher as we watched Scarlett and Maddie play. Nasa sports club kami ngayon. No matter how busy we get, we try to find times to meet up every so often.

"Yeah?" She turned her head to me before chugging water from her bottle.

"How do you not get pregnant?" I asked.

She coughed up the water she was drinking. She coughed a little more before she spoke. "Are you asking me how I don't get pregnant or do you want an advice?"

"The latter. I want to start being active again but I'm scared of getting pregnant." I sighed. I'm not going to deny that I felt threatened noong nalaman kong umaga na nakauwi si Coco galing sa bachelor party. What if he looks for 'it' somewhere else? Ano ba naman yung pagbigyan ko siya paminsan-minsan.

She looked at me as if I was crazy. "Grabe ka, Anais! May anak ka na, hindi mo pa rin alam kung paano?"

"That's exactly why I had Cookie in the first place. Hindi ko alam kung paanong  hindi mabuntis. Coco and I had always been careful, he always wears condom, but I still got pregnant with Cookie." 

"I got just the thing for you." She said, reaching for her bag and digging her hand inside it. She took out a bottle from her bag and handed it to me. "Birth control. Marunong ka bang gumamit nito?"

I shook my head.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "I can't believe it. Twenty-three years old ka na hindi ka pa marunong gumamit ng birth control. Gosh, buti hindi pa nagkakaron ng kapatid si Cookie."

"We haven't really... um, you know, since I gave birth to Cookie." 

"Really? Wow, that's a long time." Her eyes widened. "You really need to take those pills. Basta don't have unprotected sex for one week after taking those pills. Hindi naman instant ang effect niyan. Baka ma buntis ka ulit."

"Okay. Thanks, Therese." I smiled.

"Ano ba talagang status niyo ni Coco? Hanggang ngayon ba nagpapakipot pa rin kayo sa isa't isa." She chuckled.

"Coco's been my bestfriend since we were kids."

"And you've had a kid with your bestfriend." Sabi ni Therese.

"It's hard to see him anything other than my bestfriend. Bata pa lang ako iyon na kami." I explained.

"Wala pa rin nagbabago?"

I slowly shook my head. "I still feel the same way for him as I did since we were kids."

"Ano bang nararamdaman mo for him?"

I paused for a second. Sinubukan kong kapain ang nararamdaman ko para kay Coco. "Well, he makes me feel happy, he makes me smile and laugh. He's a great Dad to Cookie. He's annoying sometimes but in an adorable way. He has the same maturity level as our son but he's sweet and caring."

"Hanggang friends with benefits na lang ba talaga kayo?" 

My eyes lowered, avoiding hers. "I guess..."

"Bakit? Hindi mo ba talaga gusto si Coco?"

I blinked, not knowing how to answer her question. I hated how Therese was putting me in a hot seat. She was making me question my own feelings for Coco and how I see him. He was my bestfriend and it had always been like that since I could remember. Ang pinagkaiba nga lang ngayon, he was now also the father of my son.

"Wala ka ba talagang nararamdaman na love para sa kanya?" She pressed.

"Meron naman. Siya ang Daddy ni Cookie saka magkaibigan kami."