third year ➤the girl who left

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no
characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Harry's P.O.V

It's been a week since (y/n) left the school. And ever since she has, everything's gone downhill. Buckbeak has still been sent to execution, Ron and Hermione have been fighting more than ever, and there's still no sign of Sirius Black. The worst of it though, is that we don't know why they took (y/n). Mailing privileges have never been more strict so we have no way of communicating with her and the teachers are extremely closed mouthed about it.

Hermione thinks she's been sent to Azkaban. Ron thinks she's been taken away because of her parents, that the ministry finally found out her relation to Voldemort and Bellatrix and decided to lock her up too. I don't know what to think. That's why I'm up. At about 3:00 in the morning trying to think of what could've happened while I was waiting outside Dumbledore's office. Why didn't I go in with her? I should've followed her I can't believe how stupid I was. I knew she was scared, she told me she was scared.

"Spiders! Spiders... Spiders," Ron exclaims jumping up from his sleep. "They want me to tap dance I don't want to tap dance."

"You tell those spiders, Ron," I respond chuckling.

"Oh, yeah. T-tell them. I'll tell them. I'll tell them tomorrow," he says falling back to sleep.

I decide it would be a good idea if I went to sleep myself but after thirty minutes of relentless tossing and turning, I sit up, grab my wand and the Marauders Map.

"Lumos," I mutter and a bright light emerges from my wand so I can see the map.

I watch Filch walk around for a few seconds then flip the map a different way to see if anyone's up. Pulling back a fold I see a name pop up and move quickly down one of the corridors. I quickly look at the name. Peter Pettigrew. Huh, sounds familiar where have I heard that name before?

"Peter Pettigrew?"
"Little lump of a boy. Always trailing after Sirius Black."
"Black was vicious. He didn't kill Pettigrew. He destroyed him!"

Before I know what I'm doing I swing my feet off the bed quietly with both the wand and the map still in my hands and walk quietly out of the boy's dormitories. I don't really know why I'm going to see Pettigrew. I mean, the guy is dead but this is a weird school in a weird world so if there's even a chance that I can talk to Peter and see if he might know anything about Sirius Black, I'm going to do it.

I walk down the dark corridors hearing all sorts of grunts and snores and a few curses as I walk past the sleeping paintings with the shining light leaking from my wand.

"Hey! Put that light out!" Scolds one particularly grumpy painting.

"Sorry," I say before continuing down the hallway.

I don't get it. The map says Peter is in the next corridor over. I should be able to at least hear him. I glance back down at the map. He's on the same corridor as I. Well that's obviously wrong. There's no one in front of me. He should be right here. I look up again and see the still empty hallway. I move my light in different directions down the hallway looking down at the map about every two seconds but still, nothing. I proceed walking forward looking frantically all around me.