149: Missing Emperor

"Lea..." Seth breathed in the familiar scent of the person he loved, never wanting to let go. 

As the saying went, Absence makes the heart grow fonder. And so did his heart.

"Oh how I missed you so." He boldly said as his voice quivered, while his heart was experiencing some extraordinary fireworks and explosions. 

All around, however, the tension was high as Raize and Victor's gaze turned deadly cold— their heart feeling possessive. While Bright himself felt his heart pricked by needles.

Lea patted Seth's back to make him let go, but he didn't move. Her patience was never to commend for, so she forcefully pushed him away with her strength that was infused with essence. 

Seth almost fell on himself when he hastened to evade Lea's punch. His sharp instinct saved him in time, lithely jumping few feet away. Still, there was that affectionate smile on his face as his crimson eyes lovingly gazed at Lea.

Lea shivered, instinctively rubbing her arms off the cold. "What have you found during your stay here, Seth? I thought I asked you to explore other continents?"

Seth gave her a bow, before saying: "I've been stuck here due to Oliver's disappearance. At some point, he was forced to marry a lady whose surname was Slade. He was very unhappy, so after assigning a proxy to govern the City of Wern, he went on a journey to save more people in the continent of Ingrid. Yet until now, there has been no news of him nor the people who went along with him."

Lea raised a brow, finding it unusual for Oliver to be this irresponsible. "Impossible. Oliver can't be that childish."

"You never know, Lea... That guy was always frivolous." Raize offhandedly said, having disliked Oliver since way back. Not only because the Emperor was interested in Lea, but someone shameless as well. Although admittedly, he was jealous of how bold Oliver was. Someone he wished he could be more alike, so he could be more honest with his feelings...

"No he wasn't. Raize, don't say that." Bright argued. "Don't you think this is fishy?"

This line of his caused almost everyone to whip their head off as they turned to look at him, incredulous. "W-what?" Being stared at with bewildered eyes, he felt shy all of the sudden and a little awkward too.

Lea shrugged, shaking her head. "Why do you think it is fishy, Bright?"

They were surprised because Bright was actually the one who pinpointed something that could be right. Bright was never one to participate in anything that had anything to use with his head, unless it was cooking, family or animals. He was a good natured person through and through. There was also his natural instinct of avoiding troublesome things that had anything to do with schemes or anything evil. He might not realize it, but he tended to ignore being a part of anything bad.

Although he would act in impulse if it was to save someone.

Supposing his remark only meant to save Oliver, or protect his friend's reputation, this was not surprising at all. However, the rest of the group didn't account these things when they hear Bright's assessment.

Returning to their conversation, Bright thoughtlessly replied. 

"Oliver is a good guy."

Although not everyone understood his meaning, Lea did. Lea bobbed her head, saying: "That's right. What others things have you noticed, Seth? Surely staying here for that long didn't just amount to this information, yes?"

Seth was not offended by Lea's arrogant question, but felt happy instead. It only meant that Lea trusted his skills so much that she expected more out of him. So he generously explained: