Chapter Fourteen: Back to Normal

"Hey Amber! What's wrong with you? You looked like someone just died." Venus-sama commented while waving her palm in front of my face.

Snapping out of my daze, I looked at her coldly.

A bit taken aback by my stare, she coughed, "What? Did someone really died?" Venus-sama asked worriedly.

I shook my head before sighing.

Pity.

I could see it in her eyes. I rarely act this coldly towards other people. And if I did, it means that I lost something important. The first time that I did act this way was last month.

"Oh by the way, are the six leaders okay?" She suddenly asked, "I heard that the tea party was suddenly invaded by assassins."

"They're okay."

"And I also heard that you withdrew from the task Jill gave you. What happened?"

"I made a mistake. I wasn't able to save them earlier." I lied. Just like the lie I said earlier.

Venus-sama nodded, as if understanding my predicament, "Ahh, the second rule. Any hunters who made a mistake in fulfilling their task, should withdrew from the task immediately." She said with a sigh, "Harsh rule."

"Ah Miss Crystle, nice seeing you again."

Both of us turned to look at the headmaster. Right now we were inside his office. After what happened earlier in the garden, all of the guests immediately left to prepare for the ball tonight. While there is time to spare, I already asked Headmaster Rivers to revert me back to normal before the ball.

I looked around, "Where is Headmaster Rivers?"

The headmaster suddenly grinned cheekily before motioning us to wait, "Just a moment."

The two of us frowned. After a while, the sound of a vase shattering was heard from outside.

"What happened?" Venus-sama asked but the headmaster didn't answered her question and only continued to stare at the double doors.

While waiting, the sound of thrashing and screaming was heard from outside. While the screams continued to get louder every passing minute, I couldn't help but realize the screams sounded familiar.

Suddenly, the double doors swung open. Revealing a haggard Headmaster Rivers and his three other companions. And in between them was Grandma Jill, who not only looked haggard, but also very exhausted.

"Curse you Albert Snow!" She screamed angrily. This is the first time I heard the always calm and composed Grandma Jill screamed like a dragon.

Headmaster grinned cockily, "Wife, you came!"

"Came?! I was literally dragged all over the place! And don't you dare call me wife!" She shouted while struggling to free herself. But gripped with a Z-rank wizard and three equally powerful force, a Q-rank witch doesn't stand a chance.

But wait, did the headmaster just called Grandma Jill 'wife'?!

I turned to look at Venus-sama who isn't even shocked by the revelation. So this is what she was talking about.

"She's a force to be reckoned with." Headmaster Rivers commented.

Grandma Jill glared at the two of them, "I thought we were friends?! How dare you betray me!" She shouted before stepping on to Headmaster Rivers foot.

"Ow! This is the last straw Jilliane!"

I backed away a few steps when it looks like a fight was about to break out before pulling at Venus-sama's arm to catch her attention.

"Please explain."

She chuckled, "The six of them are bestfriends. They went to KU together. In their group consists Albert Snow, my cousin: Luke Rivers, Kent Milbridge, Joshua Clementine, his little brother Jake Clementine and the only girl in the group, Jilliane Ruby."

"Albert and Jilliane were married due to political reasons. Albert seemed happy with the marriage but Jill denies it. For several years, Albert has been trying to win over Jilliane's heart, eventhough both of them are married already."

She sighs with nostalgia, "I still remember that time when I was a little kid. My cousin and his friends frequently visits my house. Before the arrange marriage, the five of them likes Jilliane. They would always come to ask me advice on how to win Jilliane's dense heart."

"It was fun times but I don't know if the four of them still likes Jilliane up 'till now. They've all grown up. One is the headmaster of KU, the other is the headmaster of WH, two are famous professors, one is a prime minister while the other one owns a cafe."

"Among the five, Jilliane has the most simple lifestyle." Venus-sama said with a laugh.

I nodded when everything seems clear to me. Right now, the six of them are fighting over the fact who will pay for the exquisite vase that shattered earlier.

I coughed to get their attention, "What? Are you all kids?!" I shouted.

The six silenced themselves, with frown on their faces.

Grandma Jill snorted, "Being scolded by a little kid."

I smiled coyly, "Because you act like one."

Headmaster Snow was the first one to became serious before beckoning Headmaster Rivers to come over.

"Everything is prepared."

I nodded.

"Follow us. We can't do the ceremony here, the room next door is more fit to use." Headmaster Snow said before walking out the double doors.

I followed silently. But when I walked out of the room, I almost gape in shock.

The hallway looked like a vicious tornado pass through. With the furnitures in disarray and paintings scattered on the marble floor filled with burned holes. If I hadn't known that this dump was once a grand hallway I walked through, but then again, Grandma Jill is quite scary when she's angry.

"Shocking right? All of this was because of Jilliane's thrashing." Headmaster Rivers commented with a smile.

I nodded as I look at one high-ceiling window which is see through because it has no glass left whatsoever.

"Okay, here's the room. You get inside and hold unto a crystal ball, whatever happens, don't let go of it. I'll be on the other side of the room channeling some life force onto the ball. Also, there are some clothes on the desk if by any chance you might outgrew your current clothes."

I nodded, "Thank you." I said with a bow.

"No problem." Headmaster Rivers said before going inside a room that is beside the one i'm entering. While Headmaster Snow went back to his office.

While walking back, Headmaster Snow keeps looking at the wrecked hallway while muttering: 'This is the twentieth time i'm going to renovate another place that Jilliane destroyed.' Over and over again.

I shook my head before entering the room.

The room is quite dark because all of the windows are draped with thick curtains. In the middle is a glowing crystal ball and a small staircase built near it for me to even reach the top. The ceiling is covered with sparkling objects that looks like stars shining in the night sky. On the left side of the room is a mirror and a dress and flats for me to wear.

I heaved a sigh before walking up the staircase and touching the ball. The crystal ball reacted as it started to shine. I closed my eyes as the life force continuously poured inside my body. Accompanied with the soothing feeling, slowly my whole body started to hurt as if it was being stretched and pulled apart.

I bit my lip to endure the pain. After a whole hour of torture, the process is finished as the life force suddenly stopped flowing.

I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I was back to my old self. Although there are a few features of me being different, like my eyes suddenly being in the shade of light blue and my hair being golden, all in all atleast I am back to normal.