Chapter Eleven

Let's hear Alhaji Sunusi 😉

Kawu Sunusi's POV

There's nothing in life that I cannot do for my son..I am an embodiment of a great father who makes sure his children are always satisfied but then I can't fulfil the promise I made to Ahmad,I can't let him marry my brother's daughter.I told him he has my blessings only because I don't want to break his heart and I have no reason for saying No to his marriage to Safaa but I must stop it,one way or another.

My own son can't go for someone so cheap.He has to find someone of his class,someone he can flaunt around with and most importantly someone from a wealthy family just as him.

"Ranka ya dade (May you live long) is something troubling you,you look disturbed" My eldest wife asked when she brought my tea at night that very day I made the promise to Ahmad.

"Hmm" I sighed.

"Is something wrong?" She asked again.

"Turai I want you to do anything possible not to allow Ahmad's Nikkah to Safaa"

"Did he tell you anything?" She inquired,her eyes sparking fire.

"Yes,that he wants to marry her"

"Over my dead body,I will never allow it" She yelled furiously.

"Calm down will you,calm down" I said trying to make her stop shouting.
"Just don't start a commotion until after Abidah's wedding,we will know what to do by then" I added.

"Okay let's pray I can wait,I feel like throwing her out of this house,why don't you just send her away?"

"I can't do that" I mused after a lot of thinking.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Safaa's POV..

A lot of Abidah's wedding events such as the Kamu,mother's day and Couple's eve took place before the Nikkah and after it she was conveyed to her inlaw's house.I avoided Ya Ahmad throughout the events because I don't want his mother's troubles.The next day after the dinner,the Budan Kai took place and some of our relatives and also Mommy's took Abidah to her home,Ma'aruf's house.

After praying Magrib everyone left including Shatou because she has to go back to school.Shatou studies medicine and surgery at the state university.I had no one to drop me home and I'm guessing Abidah did that deliberately so that I might spend the night again with her or maybe she wants her brother to be the one that will take me back home,since he will accompany Ma'aruf to his home.

"Beedahh" I whined.

"Safaaa" She whined too.

"I want to go home,My Maa is leaving tomorrow"

"But you're home" She smiled trying to adjust her headtie.

"You're seriously not okay,I can't stay here,get someone to take me home or I will go home myself"

"Noo wait,Yaya Ahmad will be here in 5minutes" She pleaded.

"I didn't say I want to go with him"

"But you said 'someone' and that 'someone' can be anyone"

"Ughh I don't want to go with your brother"