Chapter 14

Dedicated to Dragonair99 for making me this beautiful cover right before I went MIA...lol

I know what you're thinking...ITS ABOUT TIME! lol! sorry but I keep getting major writers block with this story and I'm not quite sure how I feel about this chapter but if I kept changing things I would drive myself crazy so here it is, the much awaited new chapter and I hope it was worth the wait. Thank you dedicated readers for sticking with me, you all inspire me to keep writing=)

kauigirl

p.s. fancover on the side is by an awesome reader MysteryMagic who surprised me with it in my inbox! Thanks:)

Devin

As the lunch hour passed I grew more and more anxious imagining what was going on right now. Samantha must have walked in on the planned scene and should be on her way to me. As if I conjured her up myself, I heard a vehicle approach the pack house and headed towards the front door to greet my mate with open arms. A car door was opened and slammed shut, she must be really upset and I should feel guilty for being a part of that hurt but I was too happy to finally be getting my mate back that I couldn’t dwell on the cause of the situation, just the outcome, which had me itching to scoop her up and put my mark back on her body.

Just as I was about to reach the door to greet Samantha, it splintered open with the force of a kick, my mates kick to be exact. I covered my face to avoid getting hit by random pieces of broken wood, so I was unprepared for the jolt my body received as my little mate used all her force to shove me, sending me sprawling on the floor in shock.

This wasn’t the greeting I was expecting. Something must have gone wrong and I bet it was all Evelyn’s fault, never send a whore in to do a real woman’s job. 

Knowing I had some serious explaining to do, if she would even here me out, I stood with my hands pleading in front of me and tried to reason with her, “Samantha, honey, let me explain…”

“EXPLAIN?!” she shouted, “Explain what exactly? How you’ve been doing nothing but lie to me while you schemed behind my back to wreck my marriage? How you set up my husband, HUSBAND, to cheat on me, fully expecting me to catch him in the act. How you deliberately set out to hurt me after all the pain you’ve already caused?” with each new point she advanced on me, her eyes growing more animalistic with every step and I knew her wolf wanted out. Saying she was pissed was an understatement.

“I didn’t want for you to get hurt.”

“Oh really Devin, so what did you think I would feel after seeing the man I love with someone else? Did you think I would be relieved that I finally had an out of my marriage and I could run into your arms so we would live happily ever after? If you did then you are seriously delusional!”

“I knew you might be hurt at first, but I was hoping that our bond would help erase that pain.” I answered honestly.

In an instant all the anger left her, and her shoulders sagged in defeat, giving me a tiny ounce of hope that I was right and she was going to give in to me. 

“That’s what’s sad Devin. You still have no idea what I went through after your betrayal, the blows my heart took every time, because if you did, and you truly love me as you say you do, you would never have tried to inflict that type of pain on me again. This time it would have hurt twice as much because Tristan was my second chance at love after the damage you caused. You keep talking about our bond, but you forget that I no longer feel connected to you that deeply. You still have the desire to be with me, because you’re still connected through my mark, but the desire for me to be with you is gone, I made sure of that when I cut your mark from my body.” tears fell from her eyes as she tried to make me understand, and each word was a twist of a knife deep into my heart.