Chapter Nineteen

Harry wakes up to the ugliest, puffiest face ever.

Harry had left his mum at the hospital. He was crying on the tube like some freak.

Now he has to deal with the consequences of being a baby.

Harry dresses and decides to run to school. He missed a day and the earlier he's there the earlier he can make up his work.

As Harry nears the school he spots a brown haired boy looking everywhere.

Louis is looking for him. Harry ducks behind a bush.

Harry continues to hide behind the bushes. He feels foolish with his actions. Is he really hiding behind a bush just to avoid confrontation with Louis?

Harry feels the soggy ground soaking the knees of his jeans and roots and fallen branches digging into the palms of his hands.

Yes, yes he is really hiding behind shrubbery just to avoid a person.

Feeling pathetic, Harry stands up and walks towards the school with as much confidence he can.

"Harry! I'm sorry. Harry, forget all I said that night. It doesn't even matter. We both got hurt, Harry. If you would, we could go for lunch by the river? I think we could talk this through," Louis holds Harry's arm lightly.

Harry pretends to not even notice Louis. Just to be rude, Harry looks at Louis, "Oh hey Louis, nice weather eh? It looks like rain," Harry looks at the sky, "I hope you don't melt."

Harry leaves Louis there. Louis is slowly deflating.

▪▪▪

Harry put a few books into locker.

When he shut the door, Louis is standing there.

"Harry, if you'd just-"

Harry continues to walk. He bumps shoulders with Louis. "Oh Louis, you might want to get to your lecture. I bet you're looking forward to attending."

Louis watches him walk away. Out of anger and dispair, he punches a locker. "Ah fuck!" His hand is bleeding and turning purple at the knuckles.

Harry stops in the hallway when he hears the exclamation. He turns to see Louis slumping against the lockers, holding his bloody hand.

It hurt like a bitch, and Harry could tell Louis is in a lot of pain. Although, as much as he would like to turn around and help, he continues to walk. He isn't completely cold hearted though. Harry stops by the infirmary and tells the nurse of the boy with the bloody hand.

Luckily, Harry gets to class before the professed shuts and locks the door.

"Good day, Styles. No seats in the front today...."

"It:s okay, Mr. Hensley."

Unluckily, Louis comes in and sits next to Harry's uncomfortable looking body.

"Thank you for telling a nurse," Louis says after thirteen minutes of silence between them.

Harry glances at the bandaged hand, but continues to ignore Louis.

"Look," Louis says after a couple minutes of silence, "I know you're mad at me, but-" Louis sighs. "Harry, yes I only played attention to you for a bet. And yes I only spoke to you because of the bet-"

"Wow gee, I sure do feel better."

"Without that bet I never would have became friends with you and I miss you so much." Louis sighs again.

"Do you wanna know what I wish you'd done? I wish you would have spoken to me because you wanted to be nice."

"Harry please-"