Hamleys

POV - Jerome

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1850

-Begin Chapter-

I sat there in the Uber I had just hired to take me over to Hamleys from the train station so I could meet the guys. The car was driving slowly through the London traffic while I sat in the back, my hands clasped together, nearly squeezing them to death. I was so nervous about seeing the other guys again, and it didn't really hit me until I just now. Before this point, all I could think was happiness and excitement, but now, now it has all come crashing down on me. Unpredictable thoughts entered my brain, doubts even. I know I had missed them so much and they say they have missed me, but what if that is a trick?

I shook my head and pushed the thought from my brain.

I was almost 100% sure it wasn't a trick.

Almost.

There was now a small amount of doubt was filling brain and I wanted it to stop, but I couldn't, I couldn't help it. There is always that small amount of possibility that this could all be a lie or a trick and I could be walking into something unpleasant. I don't know what for, I didn't do anything...

Right?

I swallowing my fear and pushed the thoughts aside just as I noticed that the car was pulling up on the side of the busy street, right in front of the store.

"Here you are." said the Uber driver, bringing my attention to them. I had almost forgotten they were even in the car or that even someone was driving the car. I guess I got too lost in my head. "Is there anything else I can do for you?" They asked nicely.

I shook my head.

"No. Thank you very much for the ride."

"You're welcome, Sir. You have a pleasant day."

"You too," I said.

I quickly moved to get out of the car, stepping out onto the street before closing the door and heading onto the sidewalk.

I stepped up onto the sidewalk and turned around to look behind me and I saw that the car was already gone, the busy traffic of London taking its place.

I was slightly awed but shook my head and turned to look at the toy store so I could focus.

Hamleys, the world's biggest toy store with seven floors filled with just well, toys.

I chuckled lightly. I guess it was fitting for us to all meet here. A bunch kids trapped in adult bodies just wanting to have fun and ignore the responsibility of adulthood.

I looked at the outside, taking in the sheer awe of the building and its size. After a moment, I took a deep breath, focusing now on the front entrance of the store, before walking towards it and in.

I second after I stepped through the doors, I froze in awe as I looked around, noticing the sheer amount of toys that filled the building. (It's been a few years since I have been here, so bare with me please). I took a moment and looked around, noticing the escalator that lead up to the next floors. The sound of children laughing the space, while pleasant, happy, workers walked around the floor, straightening things up and talking to parents.

I took a few steps more into the building and I noticed in front of me sat a table, filled to the brim with different stuffed animals. I slowly walked up to it, reaching out to touch the first one I saw, which happened to be a Snow Leopard. I felt the fur of the animal and was amazed at how soft it was. I then moved to pick up the animal, bringing it close to my face and examining it. I had no idea why, but this particular animal called to me and I couldn't put it down. I was determined that I was going to buy it, no matter what.