[22] Trouble

Avery Holmes

  "We really need to get back." I reminded Niall, who was slumped against me on the frigid balcony. "It's been ten minutes and Aimee's alone in my room." I sighed, feeling like a crappy mom. I didn't expect to be gone nearly this long, but I guess time flies when you're kissing Niall Horan.

  "And as much as I'd like to lay here and make out with you, I'm freezin'." Niall chuckled, standing up and reaching for my hands, pulling me up along with him.

  Once I opened the sliding glass door, the warm air hit me like being hit by a baseball bat. Only, this felt nice, and a shiver ran through my body from the sudden change in climate. Niall laughed at me and kissed my cheek, lingering for a moment before leaving the room with me, and out into the hallway.

  "Let's hope she didn't get into any sort of crazy mess, huh?" Niall teased, opening the door of the suite. I wouldn't tell him that my heart was pounding hard in my chest at the thought of her running off or getting into something. I reminded myself never again to leave her alone for that long amount of time.

  To my satisfaction, Aimee was sitting on the red couch, her eyes fixed on the screen. She looked up for a brief moment and let out a loud, shrill scream that made me clasp my hands over my ears. She ran up to Niall and he scooped her up in his arms, kissing her. I smiled.

  "You aren't a meanie." Aimee told him sternly. He smiled and kissed her again, nodding.

  "I only wanted to protect you and your mommy, okay? You're like my own, I'd never ever hurt you like your old daddy did. You know that, don't you? The thought never even crossed my mind, I was only upset because I wanted what's best for you and I wanted to keep you two safe." He rambled on.

  "Uh-huh." Aimee nodded, although I wasn't entirely sure if she really did understand a word that Niall said. She squirmed free of his grasp and ran back to the couch, grabbing his cracked phone, which immediately made me guilty.

  "It dinged." Aimee told me, presenting the phone in my hand. I looked to Niall, who hadn't seen Aimee give his phone to me, and was now walking into the kitchen. 

  "You didn't answer it, did you?" 

  "No mommy." Aimee smiled. "I watched my show."

  "Good girl." I kissed her forehead and she toddled into the kitchen with Niall. I kept a close eye on them, smiling. They were just so adorable together, and to anyone else it would really seem like he was her father.

  I unlocked my phone and saw a few notifications from an unknown number. Thinking nothing of it, I slipped off my jacket and my shoes as I clicked on the unread text message.

  Niall Horan is going to die.

  Niall Horan will die.

  I screamed, chucking Niall's phone across the room for the second time, staring down at it in horror. Niall hadn't gotten any of those text messages since he'd gotten his new phone. His old one was what this stalker Kate used to track him down, which means that she had full access to us now.