⎡88⎦

I opened my eyes and was dazzled by gold and green. I had no idea what had happened, only that I was lying on what seemed to be leaves and twigs. Struggling to draw breath into my lungs, I blinked violently and realized that the gaudy glare was sunlight streaming through a canopy of leaves far above me. Over to the side. Hermione was hovering over Ron.

"Shh, shh, shh" she cooed to the whimpering Ron. "It's alright. It's okay" she seemed to be undressing part of him. Ron's left shoulder was drenched in blood.

I raced up to them.

"Hazel. Hazel, quickly, in my bag. There is a bottle labeled 'Essence of Dittany'."

I dropped to my knees and snatched Hermione's bag. Grabbing the first wand I saw, which was apparently Hermione's, I said. "Accio Dittany!"

A small brown bottle zoomed out of the bag. I caught it and raced it over to Hermione.

"Alright. Unstopper it," she instructed.

Harry had now rushed up to us. "Hermione, his arm."

"I know just do it!" she screamed at me.

I pulled out the dropper and handed it to Hermione.

"It's gonna... This is gonna Sting a little bit" Hermione told Ron.

Grabbing my bag, I opened it up and pulled out badges, placing them next to her. I stood up and grabbed my wand from the place I landed.

"What happened?" Harry asked. "I thought we were going to go back to Grimmauld Place."

"We were, shh, it's alright. One more, One more." She began to heave as she talked while dropping the drops onto Ron's arm. "We were there, we were there but, Yaxley had a hold of me, and I knew once he'd seen where we were we couldn't stay so I brought us here, but Ron splinched."

She finished with the dropper and wounds closed up. Ron's breathing returned to normal. Hermione got up with her wand and walked away. I moved to Ron's wounded side and began to clean up the blood.

"Protego Totalum. Salvia Hexi." I heard as Hermione casted protective charms in the distance.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked.

"Protective enchantments," she replied as though it was obvious. "I don't fancy another visit like the one we had in Shaftesbury Avenue, do you?"

Harry shook his head.

"You can get going on the tent."

"Tent?" Harry asked.

Hermione ignored him. "Protego Totalum... Repello Muggletum . . . Muffliato..."

"Where am I supposed to find a tent?"

"My bag Harry!" I exclaimed, still working on Ron's arm.

"Right!"

I tossed him my bag. He opened it and summoned the tent. It emerged in a lumpy mass of canvas, rope, and poles. He stood there looking at it blankly. I rolled my eyes. "Erecto!" I said, pointing my wand at the misshapen canvas, which in one fluid motion rose into the air and settled, entirely constructed, landing with a final thud at the end of a guy rope. I gave Harry a look before he walked in.

. . .

"You first," Hermione said. It was the next day. We slept through the night and awoke the next day ready to destroy the locket. Hermione had put the Horcrux on a log.

Harry raised his wand. "Dissendium!"

The locket went flying back. We walked towards it, but it was perfectly in shape.