Chapter 24

Enjoy, and terribly sorry I didn't update Friday, I have a lot of drama going on in my life at the moment🙄 anyway, enjoy lovelies😘
___________________________

I woke the next morning, I felt something weighing down on my waist. I looked down to see an arm draped across me.

I looked over my shoulder to see a sleeping Thomas. I smiled to myself as I slowly moved his arm off of my waist as I got up. I slid off his shirt as I changed back into my clothes.

I folded his shirt and set it on his dresser. I walked over to him and pulled the covers over his shoulders as I leaned down and kissed his forehead.

I peaked my head out of his door to looked down the hall To make sure no one was up and about yet. After making sure it was all clear, I sneaked out of his room and closed the door behind me as I rushed down the stairs.

I made it to my room as I closed my door. I let out a breath j didn't know I was holding as I relaxed. I turned around and got dressed for the day.

~~~~

Mrs. O'Brien sat and patted Cora's brow with a damp cloth. She wasn't looking to good, as her fever was extremely high, and she was wheezing.

The door opened as Mrs.
Hughes walked in, her brow furrowed as she looked to Cora. "What can I bring to help?" She asked kindly, looking to Mrs. O'Brien. She shifted her head to Mrs. Hughes.

"Ice, to bring her temperature down" Edith handed her a newly soaked cloth. "Mrs. Hughes..." Mary walked over to her. "Sir Richard telephoned this morning. He's coming down to help" I rolled my eyes.

"I wonder if you could have some rooms made ready for him and his Valet, and tell Mrs. Patmore" "Very good, M'lady" she bowed her head as she left.

~~~~

Edith and I walked downstairs. We got to the bottom to see Robert. I took the pitcher from her. "Thank you" she said sweetly as I offered her a smile. "What's all this?" Robert asked Edith as I Walked downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and handed the pitcher to a kitchen maid as she walked into the pantry to get ice. "How's her Ladyship?" Mrs. Patmore asked as she rolled out dough.

"Not to good, she's getting worse" I walked out of the kitchen and saw Thomas standing in the servant's hall, I stood beside him. He smiled to me.

"There you are, I was looking for you this morning" he leaned down and kissed my cheek. "I had to get back before anyone woke" Mrs. Hughes walked into the hall next.

"If Anna or Jane appear, tell them to come and help me do the room for Sir Richard. I'll be in Armada" she picked up the stack of linen sheets.

"I can help you with the bedroom, then I'll sort out a room for his man and I'll serve dinner" he told her as he room the sheets from her arms into his. "But I have nothing to pay you" she admitted.

"Call it rent" he kissed my cheek as he walked out and upstairs. I walked back into the kitchen as a kitchen maid handed me the pitcher. I thanked her as she returned a smile.

"Lilly? I hate to ask you, but could you take this tray up to Miss Swire?" Mrs. Patmore asked as she wiped sweat from her brow. I nodded my head. "Of course" she smiled.

"A little angel, you are" she pinched my cheek, I laughed lightly. I put the pitcher on the tray as I descended up the stairs"