14 | Belle

song: so cold // ben cocks

"I can't believe you got drunk again!"

"Shh. Your falsetto is not helping my killing headache."

"Well you should've thought about that while you were having the time of your life with that punk!"

"Leave. If you're goin' to give me another speech, thanks but no. Sophie got sure I hear it before she allowed me to go to bed," she groans, covering her face with the blankets and turning on her music. That was my cue to get out of there.

Closing the door quietly, I grab my protein bar and bid Sophie goodbye, yelling at Snow to get over here.

"'kay, don't get your panties in a twist," she mutters, swiftly avoiding my hand.

Both of us squeeze at the back seat, she pulling her beanie down to her forehead, a gesture that doesn't go unnoticed by me.

"Belle? What's up with Ari?!" Becca yells from somewhere in the front.

"Sick!" I yell back, watching a frown appearing on her lips before she turns back to Victor girl who's not talking to Snow like usual.

"Is something going on with you and Victor girl?" I ask her point blank, watching her face heat up.

"Her name is Ren and I don't know-"

"What I'm talking about? Oh please. It's obvious the two of you did something that made you both act awkward around each other. Now, will you stop beating around the bush and tell me?" I push her, pulling the beanie off her head and crossing my arms over my chest.

She plunges toward me, trying to get it back but my claws stop her in that attempt. She returns to her seat with a stormy cloud over her head and purses her lips together, staring at the back of Victor's head.

"You won, 'kay. It's just that...at the party, she wore this dress that was basically making me edgy on so many levels. It clung to her curves perfectly and I couldn't help myself when she dragged me to the dance floor," she admits embarrased, her cheeks completely red.

I gasp and cover my lips wih my palms.

"And you kissed her?!"

Her eyes widen and she looks around franticaly, shushing me.

"Lower your voice, will you?! No, we didn't kiss. We were outside, lying under the stars, and she leaned in. And I - I was frozen. That's when some guys came and she parted away from me, more like bolted away, and started apologising, disappearing inside. She's ignoring me since," she admits quietly, her face completely down.

I put my arm over her shoulders and hug the life out of her, stroking her pink hair. It's nice to act like an older sister and give her comfort even though she did horrible things behind Sophie's back.

"That was rude of her."

"Mhm. She broke my heart," she murmurs sarcastically, but I hear the truth behind those words. And in that moment I decide to have a little chit-chat with a certain heartbreaker.

"Hey Belle, I was just on my way to- "

"Can you stop ignoring Snow?"

She frowns and stops dead in her tracks, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Excuse me?"

"You're not. I want to know why are you avoiding my sister? So what, you almost kissed her, big deal! Do you have any idea how much you hurt her?!" I'm practically shouting now, but it's not like somebody might hear us, giving the hall is deserted.