Chapter 19: Round two

Alis slowly walked through the forest she has never seen before. She had no idea where she was headed, but for some reason her instincts were telling her that she was on the right track. And then, suddenly, shrouded by the luminos light stood the most magnificent cake Alis had ever seen in her life.

"Alis..."

She heard the voice calling her, telling her that she was indeed on the right track. In no time, she stood in front of the cake with pink icing and countless eatable stars.

"Alis..." She was just a step away from savouring it whole. One bite of pleasure was all it would take her to the cloud nine and all she had to do was chew down.

"Oh, Alis. Wakey, wakey!" a soft voice called her and she mumbled in agreement before the realization dawned her.

Wakey = wake = wake up... Someone was trying to wake her up, but from what would...

"Alis if you don't rise your ass this minute, you'll be late for school and fail your subject."

That alone made her snap her eyes open before suddenly jumping in the sitting position as she took in her surroundings.

She slowly began to connect dots of yesterday's events as she remembered that she slept over at Nikolas'. WITH Nikolas.

"And here I thought it would take you more time, hurry up and get dressed." he said before throwing her clothes next to her she had no idea when and where he got them, but glancing at the alarm clock and seeing how late she actually was made her jaw drop. Taking off Nikolas' shirt she wore the previous night, she immediately began to put her own clothes without complaints as Nikolas gave her her shoes and bag she hurriedly got on her.

"You look awesome, feel free to grab a pizza slice or two on your way out from the table and have a nice day." Nikolas gave her a widest smile he could as she groaned, completely having forgotten that it was the same man she was fighting chest to chest in the mud (as her poetic abilities allowed her to explain) which might've been her biggest downfall.

"Why the fuck did you have time to order pizza and not wake me up, you asshole!" she cursed as she tied her shoes as fast as she could, "Once I'm done with school—" she began to threaten him, but he only placed keys in her hand she recognized were from her apartment.

"I did try to wake you up, but you wouldn't even bulge, which is why I took it on myself to deal with your window - you do need a new handle, by the way - and only make it easier for you to leave by picking your stuff. I also called the people, so they'll be bringing you a new window by the time you're back from school. Now go, bus leaves in five and it's precisely the same time it will take you to catch it."

She couldn't say a word to interrupt him so she only angrily stomped with her feet before rushing outside his room. Noticing the whole just opened pizza, she grabbed a slice before stuffing it in her mouth and heading outside. Since she couldn't wait for the elevator, she immediately went for the stairs and rushed as fast as her small figure allowed her to.

She began to ponder on the thought of how nice Nikolas actually was when he didn't try to get back at her and the words from yesterday when he mentioned how they'd go along just fine had something been different about their meeting. Would every day be like that, casually talking and having her stuff prepared by the time she was about to leave for uni?

It didn't seem that bad, having a roommate. It's been a while since Kaley moved out and Alis remembered how easier her life was thanks to that year older woman she would often see as sister.

Maybe Nikolas could be one of those people that were gossiping and indoor friends you'd call over, eat pizza, watch Netflix and chill. For some reason, she didn't mind that scenery.