64: Lovers & War Song

Lea and co. left Chlad immediately without turning back. Then she immediately commanded the main fighters, which were Seth, Liam and Nia, to eliminate the beasts roaming about the city.

She was given a cute sloth-like beast by Nia before he left. Left alone with a General, a high official, a fox, a sloth and Ingrid, Lea decided to walk slow towards West.

"Let me start with your jobs." She begun, catching Izaya and Duran's attention.

"I will train both of you in essence manipulation during the time of our travels. Begin by closing your eyes and imagine every object in your surroundings."

At her words, Izaya followed without delay, while Duran reluctantly followed. "Next?" Izaya asked, his voice eager and determined.

Lea was satisfied with his reaction. "Imagine every object you can remember to have essences that creates its fundamentals, and you can view them as small colourful orbs. Feel them."

To her words, Izaya furrowed his brows deeply. He was trying to imagine a world with plenty of colourful orbs just floating about. Some warm, some lukewarm, then cold or neutral. Different colours mixing all together at times, but easily disintegrates by another sort of essences.

"I can see them!" Izaya exclaimed with a grin. His eyes remained close.

"Good. Then imagine pulling every orb in your surrounding, as if becoming one with them. Accept them naturally and peacefully. You need to have a clear mind."

With her concise instructions, Izaya was able to achieve essence absorption immediately. His chest leapt with joy.

On the other hand, Duran seemed blank.

"Stay here, Izaya." Lea commanded as she grabbed Duran's wrist away.

Several feet from where they were, Lea turned to look at Duran's confused expression.

"What have you seen in this world?" She suddenly asked.

Although shaken at first, Duran stood up straight once again. "Beautiful Palace hallways, gardens, dinner parties, meetings and the city."

"Basically no experience with fights... What could you be of use for.." She muttered to herself, ignoring Duran's insulted expression.

When she couldn't decide what Duran was a capture target for, she decided to observe him for now. "Don't stay away from me starting now."

Although her words were chivalrous, she did not fail to appear adorable with her big ruby eyes that wore a determined fire.

Duran could only agree. "Got it. If you need a political mind, however, you may ask me." As he parted with his words, he showed a small smile of confidence.

"I will." She replied honestly. "Alright. Let's go."

They then joined Izaya and watched over him as he continued to absorb as many essences as he wanted.

From time to time, there would be rustling noises, or strange koko sounds. The thick wilderness seemed full of crawling and tree climbing beasts all of the sudden. She wondered if the others had missed so many despite their widespread allocations.

But she did not feel in danger just yet. Her ruby eyes alert, she moved to guard a side of both Izaya and Duran. The fox bravely guarded the other arch.

Within several minutes of continuous nervousness, small shadows of beasts jumped on Lea and co., making her visions a blur.

She avoided a jump, but another one came and grabbed her neck, almost biting a chunk.