65: Found You

Lea's decision to obliterate the massive legions of soldiers and beasts was too farfetch for any concrete plans to be finalized.

"Their speed is not to be trifled with." Duran commented as he looked on the ongoing march of the legions.

"If we could make use of the remaining beasts in the forest then something might change..." She whispered to herself, a frown dancing on her beautiful brows.

"Then if that can be possible, me and Liam can slow down their progress with our attacks where we could remain hidden---"

"Seth. It is too reckless. Someone might sense your presence. I cannot afford to let that happen."

Although her words were strictly business, the heart of the men around her slightly tickled. With their chest slightly tingled, they could feel themselves feeling happy. Superior men they may be, but they could see Lea's determination to keep them safe and sound in any adversaries. 

"Let's go along with aggravating beasts into this fray. Head towards South East and North East by 2 groups. At a count of 200, come back immediately towards the legions with however beasts you've managed to provoke. Then I will signal for us to attack.

"They are beasts who will have to manage to protect their habitat..." She encouraged herself as she felt it was too wrong to make use of innocent beasts simply for their advantage.

Looking around, she could see a nod from each of them. "Duran, stick with me." To which he complied just as immediately.

"Get ready.....

"And GO!!"

Quick as lightning, Seth and Nia disappeared into a direction. While Izaya and Liam went the other way. Lea could hear their counts under their breathe.

"Duran, I need you to use your diplomatic skills to talk to the soldiers and distract their attention in the briefest moment possible. I'll protect you in every way I can." Her tone dead serious, Duran could only nod his head in assent. "Alright."

And so they chased after the back of the soldiers who were slowly disappearing under the horizon.

One they caught up, Duran immediately let out a piercing cry. His actions immediately put the soldiers and beasts on high alert, but unable to determine if the source of the cry was an enemy or not, they remained on their toes.

"WAIT. WAIT!" He called, most of their attention drawn on him.

"What is it, punk?!" Nastily inquired by a soldier in the last row of the parade.

Looking through the crowd carefully, there were over 100~150 soldiers and 10 huge beasts. Lea managed to guess this was only the first alarm. A scout legion of sort. But even then, they seemed dangerous. At their side, there appear to be a handle that could pass as a knife handle, and Lea believed it was moreso as she has no knowledge guns were already distributed all over Sabio.

"Are you soldiers here to eliminate every beast in the area??" Duran's voice sounded desperate, and it immediately caught some soldiers' curiosity.

Without waiting for their response, Duran dived to another desperate sounding plea. "I need your help! PLEASE. Can you assist me? Chlad soldiers are there too, but there's just not enough people!" 

Upon hearing the word Chlad, their ears perked up. Lea knew then that their intention was indeed the obliteration for every nation in their way. 

"Alright, alright! Since we are here anyway, we'll help you. But half will remain here." One soldier stated. Although Lea didn't feel good about taking on several soldiers all at once, it would be beneficial for her companions to defeat half of the legions.