12. Bloodlines l

All we do is drive
All we do is think about the feelings that we hide
All we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign
Sick and full of pride
All we do is drive
__________________________

I was still screaming when suddenly he ran off. I squinted my eyes trying to search for him, and I jumped back when a figure appeared out of nowhere.

"How ya doing in there?" I recognized that voice. It was my favorite voice. For the first time since our fight I looked at Damon. I wish I hadn't. His blue eyes met my brown ones and time froze. It only started again when the throbs in my head became to much to bear.

"Damon?" I spoke weakly. It didn't even sound like my voice.

"You look stuck," He said bluntly.

"No shit Sherlock. How long did it take you to figure that one out?" I sarcastically asked even though it hurt to say even one word.

"I'm actually trying to be helpful here," He spoke in a slightly aggravated tone.

"It's my seat belt. I can't get it," I gave in tugging on my seatbelt, and letting out a cry in frustration when nothing worked.

"Shh, Shh, Shh," he said trying to comfort me, but I was in an agitated state and I took it the wrong way.

"Are you telling me to shut up?"

"Yes, now let me get you out of there. I want you to put your hands on the roof." Like I said from before I was agitated. So let's say if I wasn't upside down in a car with major wounds I would've kicked his ass.

"You do not get to tell me what to do!" I sassed to Damon.

"I can tell you are in pain by even attempting to breathe." He did have a point there. The pain was excruciating, but I was way too stubborn to give in now.

"You don't know what I'm feeling," I argued, an alternate meaning behind my words.

"God damn it Emily! Put your damn hands on the roof so I can save your fucking life!" He exclaimed finally having enough. I did as I was told, because the pain was really starting to get to me. That and I just wanted to be in his arms even though it was wrong. "Just like that. You ready? 1, 2, 3." Damon snapped my seat belt and picked me up and carried me out the car. I snuggled into his chest as discreetly as I could. After all I was still mad at him, but I didn't want to be. "I got you," He whispered in my ear. He made me feel so safe. His words made my mouth twitch almost to a smile, but not quite. He tried to steady me on the ground. "Are you okay? Can you stand? Is anything broken?"

"Well I would probably be doubled over in pain if that was the case," I answered back sarcastically.

"Alright smart ass," he murmured back.

"Damon..." I started to feel a little woozy again. I swear if I faint again. I started to lose the energy in my legs and I started to fall. Damon caught me.

"Whoa, you're fading fast, Emily. Emily, look at me." Damon grabbed my chin and forced me to look into his eyes. "Focus. Look at me. Okay."

"I look like her..." I breathed out.

"What?" But I was fading fast and not even Damon's arms could keep me from falling.

******

My eyes sprang open due to the light forcing them open. I blinked a couple of times to get adjusted to the brightness. "Morning."