13. Bloodlines ll

🎶I'm sorry if I seem uninterested
Or I'm not listening, or I'm indifferent
Truly I ain't got no business here
But since my friends are here
I just came to kick it🎶

____________________________

Damon entered the car after me, and looked over at me. I gave him a weird look when he scrunched his face up at me. "No offense, but you kind of look like a dead corpse today." Well considering the night before I was kidnapped by a vampire, got my blood taken out of my body, and got in a car wreck, I'd say I'm looking pretty good.

"This is coming from the person that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down," I retorted.

He placed his hand over his heart and pouted. "Why must you always attack me with words?"

"Would you rather want me to use my fists?" I threatened.

He shook his head. "You couldn't hurt me."

"I bet I could if I wanted to," I fired right back.

"My only weaknesses are wooden stakes and fire," Damon announced.

I rolled my eyes. "Fire is everyone's weakness. It's fucking fire!"

"I'm going to need you to shut up," Damon said. I glared at him and he smiled back.

It was silent for a few moments until I spoke up, "Do you think pigeons have feelings?"

"I'm going to give you one more chance to shut the fuck up," He warned.

It was silent again before I cut in, "Sooooo." Damon groaned and placed a hand over my mouth. I licked it and he took it off immediately wiping it on my pants leg. I slapped his hand. "Where's my car?"

"I pulled it off to the side of the road. I don't think anyone will bother it," He answered.

"Accept the hobos who need a place to live," I pointed out.

Damon shook his head laughing. "Yes, Emily, accept them."

"What about that man in the road? Was he a vampy?"

"Vampy?" He questioned.

I nodded. "New thing I'm trying out."

"Don't," He advised me.

I rolled my eyes. "So was he?" I asked again trying to get an answer this time.

"From what I could tell, yeah..."

"You didn't know him? I mean, you act like you know everybody and everything."

"If I've never met him, I wouldn't know him. I mean, it's not like we all hang out together at the Vamp Bar & Grill," He joked.

"I'm surprised. Y'all could've met up debating who had gotten the best meal that night. Keep tally of how many people you have killed. All that sick vampire stuff," I mocked. I wonder what vampires really did talk about. The wonders of the world.

"Is that what you think of us?" He asked with fake shock.

I nodded. "Pretty much." He shook his head and pulled up to a bar.