Chapter 29 | Myles

A sigh of relief exited my body as I left the principal's office. Glad that was over. My brother and Cole were by my side, still tense from the previous events. Neither of them were particularly happy with the outcome and I couldn't blame them. It wasn't fair that the both of them received a punishment for trying to defend me. Of course, I was grateful for their protection but it made me guilty that they constantly had to offer it because I couldn't help myself.

The scowl Cole wore on his face was intimidating. His lips were somewhat turned upwards in a sneer and his furrowed brows caused creases between them. I had the urge to smoothen out those creases with my fingertips.

"Myles." Mycah turned to me. "I think you should come out to mum and dad."

I looked up at him. Was he being serious?

"What? No, Mycah," I told him.

"Yes, you have to. You need to. Everyone knows now, it's unfair to keep hiding this from them," He explained.

"No, p-please. I can't have them hate me. The school I can handle, but mum and dad, no way! Don't make me!" I pleaded.

Mycah grabbed both my shoulders and looked me in the eye. "Yes. Come on, we can do it right now when we get home."

I shook my head.

"Don't pressure him," Cole said.

Mycah narrowed his eyes at him, then he sighed.

"Oh, what about if Cole came home with us? He will be right by your side and of course I will be too. Beside mum already knows Cole."

Cole looked at me and nodded with his eye brows raised.

"Fine, o-okay. I'll do it. As long as Cole comes." I gave in.

"Alrighty, it's settled."

My nerves about meeting Cole's parents were nothing compared to him meeting mine.

I twiddled my thumbs and tapped my feet against the floor the whole ride home.

Cole decided to sit in the backseat to comfort me. It worked, until it didn't and we were already getting out of the car.

My parents have never really seemed homophobic. Bit at the same time it they've never really been too fond about homosexuality.

"Hey, were gonna be fine," Mycah assured me and gave me a pat on the back.

I gave a meek smile in response.

"If worse comes to worse, you can live with me," Cole said, half-heartedly.

That doesn't really help my nerves.

I let out a deep breath and stepped inside.

The house was filled with the smell of my mum's cooking. She must've started getting dinner ready early.

My dad looked over at us from where he was sitting on the vouching watching tv. "Hey, boys. Good day at school?"

I nodded.

"And who is this kid, one of your friends? Mycah?" My dad asked.

Hey, Cole could be my friend too.

"I'm Cole, sir. Nice to meet you." He replied politely.

"Ah, don't bother about formalities, call me Andrew." My dad chuckled.

"Boys, dears, are you home from school- Mycah! Oh, what happened to you're face?" My Mum exclaimed as she entered the lounge room.

I look over at Mycah's bloodied and bruised face. I guess we should've gotten him to clean up a bit before coming home. The bruises would still be noticeable, though.