66: Medical 101

Not far from Chlad, a skirmish was taking place. Loud sounds of gunshots could be heard far and wide, causing certain beasts to run away.

At the battleground, several soldiers where aiming their gun towards a young girl whose appearance seemed out of the world. Her glorious ruby eyes reflected blood in their wake as she continued to gaze and analyze her surroundings with her opponents.

The gun was not as high-tech as what was prevalent in her previous world's era, thus there was a cooldown for every shot fired. This provided her with constant leeway from projectiles.

The cooldown would last for about 4 seconds, and at this, Lea would apply minimum essences to her charge and shoot a soldier at point blank range.

At one point, she ran out of cartridge, and the next soldier she could steal some was surrounded by others of their kind. Thus she applied a theory that would allow her to fire a condensed concentration of essences every time she pulled the trigger, in replacement of gunpowder.

With her applied theory, she eliminated the cooldown setback of such type of guns as the firing force was further implemented by her essence manipulation. The recoil was not as bad either.

Seeing her silent experiments, Seth who was looking her way most of the time also learnt how to best use the weapon foreign to him. However, unlike Lea's, his condensed essences seemed to be darker and rather mysterious as he noticed his target's skin would turn a purple shade, which would cause him/her to act insane.

This was amusing for him of course as his profession relied on his skills in killing his enemies quickly or give them a hard time to extract information.

His understanding towards essence manipulation was becoming conventional due to Lea's influence.

His thoughts were disrupted as he saw Lea throwing him a sharp glance. Then he noticed her mouth moving, and he swiftly understood her intentions.

"Look after everyone." Her mouth dictated to which he immediately obeyed. With one breathe, he was gone from everyone's sight only to appear beside Nia on top of a tree.

Nia was looking ever so pale. His white robes laced with blue-green threads were died with blood. ".........."
His breathing was slowing down by the time Seth started pouring essences into him, immediately closing small wounds. However, the bigger wounds would require special attention...
---------------

With a shot of her gun, she would deflect an oncoming projectile. Then she would dash towards the target in a span of a second, another second to shot the soldier on the head, then another two seconds to prepare her next move.

She was grazed by some bullets, but otherwise, her agile movements expertly helped her turn the tide.

Liam remained helpful at restraining the huge beasts. While Izaya had the time to focus his concern on his leg. He couldn't fix the bullet wound himself as it seemed to have pierced beyond his muscle tissues. He had no knowledge of such a thing, leaving him to only stop the bleeding in the meantime.

He observed the skirmish, and he could clearly see the difference between the state of the soldiers compared to Lea and Liam.

Liam looked indifferent and rather empathetic towards his treatment on his enemies, despite their might.

While on the other hand, Lea was expressionless as usual while moving about without hesitation in her ruby eyes or her movements. If one could clearly discern the battle in another perspective, one would believe Lea had the power of clairvoyance as every time something was gonna land on her, she would evade it 2 seconds prior. This left the soldiers feeling increasingly overwhelmed.