Chapter 15: The Mock Town

"What's that woman doing, opening the coffin?!" stammered Chopper, hiding behind the mast.

"She has weird fetishes?" you shrugged, ignoring the hard glare you got from Robin, who was putting back together the pieces of a human's skull.

"Can you learn something from that?" asked Zoro, his arms crossed as he eyed the archaeologist.

"I don't know" she responded, taking another piece of the skull.

"You got strange interests!" shouted Nami, hiding also behind the mast with Chopper.

"A pretty woman and the dead, now that's an interesting combination" sighed Sanji.

"Hm? Where's Luffy?" you asked, looking right and left.

"Over there" pointed the swordsman to the destroyed ship, where you saw Luffy and Usopp jumped down. "What're they doing now?"

"Exploration, they said" answered the doctor.

"Oh, restoration complete!" said aloud Sanji, watching as Robin put down on the deck the skull.

"The holes here are man-made" stated Robin, turning the skull to examine it further. "These are indications of medical treatment. It's craterization, isn't it, Doctor?"

"Yeah, in the past, they made holes in the skull in order to constrain a brain tumor. But that's a medical technique from very long ago" explained Chopper.

"That's right. It's been at least 200 years since he died. He was in his early 30s. He fell sick while traveling on the sea and died" she said. "The reason his teeth remained in good condition compared to his other bones is because tar was rubbed onto them. The custom is characteristic of some areas in the South Blue. So considering history, that was a ship for an exploration party from the past"

Robin extended her hand toward a historical book, opening it and stopped at a certain page.

"Here it is. The 'St.Briss' of Briss, a kingdom in the South Blue. It set sail 208 years ago"

"It's the same ship as the one that fell" you muttered, eyeing the picture dumbfounded.

"This ship probably wandered in the sky for a least 200 years" continued Robin.

"You can find out all that just by looking at bones?" said in awe Nami.

"Dead people may not speak, but they do hold information. If the ship was for an exploration party, it should still hold various records and evidence"

"Yeah....but the ship sank in the sea..." murmured Nami, staring at the ship. Only for her eyes to widen in panic when she saw Luffy waving his arms wildly out of the sea. "WHAT'RE YOU GUYS DOING?!"