♱Chapter 32♱

Raven's P•O•V

Akantha dragged me out of the shadows and lead me to the castle. I followed reluctantly, wanting nothing more than to hurry into the castle and scream for Alec to run. But of course Akantha's spell wielded me incapable of doing that.

Before we were into the lit up courtyard, Akantha rammed her foot into my shin. My leg buckled underneath me and I hissed in pain. Akantha let me fall to the ground before tugging me to my feet.

"What was that for?" I growled. I knew she wasn't a vampire, but hell could she kick.

"Can't have you looking unscathed, now can we?" Akantha answered in a sickly-sweet voice, her eyes shifting into the red of a Vampire's eyes. I wanted to vomit as she wrapped her arm around my waist and placed my arm around her shoulders, as if to show that she was helping me.

She basically dragged me as I limped through the court yard. We neared the back doors and Akantha pushed them open. I wondered where all the guards were.

The doors shut behind us with a loud bang that echoed. I flinched as we made our way out to the main double stair casings that were on either side. I briefly remembered the time I was introduced to the kingdom and I first met this wicked Akantha.

"Anyone?! Please, we need help!" Akantha called dramatically. I nearly rolled my eyes at her acting so afraid and frantic.

Guards came from the main hall and saw us. They came over quickly to assess our situation. As they came closer, they all recognized my face and stared in surprise.

"It's the Heir's Bride!" One exclaimed. I sucked in a harsh breath as they approached.

I wanted to see Alec. Anxiousness settled in my stomach as I waited for him, yet I feared for his arrival. I could only imagine the pain I would endure if I tried to disobey the obedience spell.

"Where's Alec and Zachariah?" Akantha asked the guards, feigning her worry. The urge to roll my eyes was so tempting, but I kept a subtle expression.

Just as she said that, movement was caught out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head to look up the left staircase and saw Alec standing there with his Uncle Zachariah behind him. Irina, Dimitri, and Piper appeared behind them, all looking sleepily dazed. They saw Akantha and I and looked in shock. I gasped, wanting nothing more than to run into his arms, no matter how much pain my leg was causing.

"Raven." I heard Alec breathe and in a second he was in front of me. Tears welled up in my eyes as overwhelming emotions filled me. So much of me wanted to be in his arms, but my conscience was screaming for me to shove him away and tell him to run.

He pulled me out of Akantha's grip and embraced me. I clung to him like a lifeline. His one hand held my waist, while the other wound around my neck and his fingers wove through my hair. I breathed in the familiar scent of him.

No matter what, he was my calm and he was my hope. Even under these circumstances.

Alec pulled away from me. Once he did so, I unconsciously went to stand by Akantha. My heart raced at the involuntary act. First I was a prisoner, now I'm a puppet? Is that how it is?

I caught Irina and Piper looking at me oddly. I hadn't even went over to them. Yet, I went over to the mistress of Dimitri's brother. Which she was practically a stranger to me.