chapter 22

QOTD: If you could date anyone from the Zelda universe, who would you pick?
►NOT GHIRAHIM ACTUALLY AHA

It's between Hena, Ravio, and Risa from botw <3

ugh im indecisive but theyre all so freaking cute~

[Name]'s eyes opened to see a vast stretch of wiry grass, which she recognized as Hyrule Field. Specifically, in Upper Eldin, where she first came across Ghirahim's shards. A fence reminiscent of the cage she was trapped in earlier surrounded them, preventing her from running away. She couldn't teleport out of barriers; an unfortunate downside to her otherwise tenacious ability.

"You were rather pitiful when we first met. Why did you keep such laudable talents hidden?" Ghirahim spoke, circling her with unhurried steps. She glared.

"I'm not invincible, moron. It takes time to conjure magic and I can't do anything during an ambush without a weapon."

He smirked, dashing towards her with his narrow demon blade.

"You're hiding more," he accused, as she dodged each slash and thrust. This proved to be difficult due to her limp, but she managed. Though at one point the sword grazed her arm, prompting her to scowl.

"This is ridiculous," she muttered under her breath. This was doing nothing in her favor; she had no weapon, every move she made pained her, and her magic expertise stood in the healing field. No use for combat. Still, he didn't seem like he was going to back down any time soon.

"You are powerless without me," Ghirahim jeered. That was somewhat true; without Demise's sword, she could do nothing. Her leg wasn't helping either. She curiously glanced up to meet his gaze.

"Where'd your blade-body go, anyway?"

"Returned to my master, of course. Which will never truly be you."

"That's not Zant, is it??"

His face soured.

"How dare you even suggest that I might serve a vile Twili," he growled.

[Name] dodged another set of attacks, only half-alert now, as she was lost in thought.

"But if you have a new master that means I get to quit, right?" She sparked up at the idea. It stung his heart to hear how eager she was to get rid of him. Though he ignored it, choosing to instead chuckle darkly.

"Naïve little [Name]... The only way to 'quit' is to sacrifice your life. I am rather unfortunate to be bound to you till the end of your time... But it won't be long, I assure you." Her breath hitched as those words left his mouth.

"And... What would happen to you?"

Heat radiated throughout his chest upon hearing her 'concern' for him. He felt his knees weaken, almost as frail as her limp. However – he decided against caving in to these bothersome emotions, and dealt with it by striking again. She moved, as swift as she could go, out of the way.

"Lord Ganondorf will come to obtain me," he answered, allowing her a moment to catch her breath.

[Name] tipped her head. For someone as arrogant as Ghirahim, she was amazed at how willing he was to objectify himself. She pressed her lips into a firm line.

Their duel continued, lasting around just five minutes before he finally managed to puncture her shoulder. She stumbled backwards, hand flying up to clutch her wound. A hiss rolled off her tongue.