Chapter 15

ʚ¡ɞ

Sweat drips down my back and my legs start straining, my body pushing itself to its limit. I realize a little too late that I might be lost when I reach towards a dark ally in an unknown part of the neighbourhood. I didn't stop to see where I was. My mind too occupied wanting to create as much distance as I could between myself and those Uli creatures.

I slow down my pace as I near a pole, my eyes roaming around frantically in search of something safe. I look back and don't see any shadow following me. I still walk up to the pole and press myself behind it. Taking a breather I try to slow my heart as it threatens to jump out of my chest. With shaking hands I dig out my phone and start scrolling my contact list.

I should really put Leo on speed dial.

I hit call and wait for him to pick up as my chest heaves rapidly and my strained muscles buckle up.

One ring..four ring..six ring..I bang my head on the pole with frustration and curse when he doesn't pick up. I remove the phone from my ears and press my shaking hands to my face and cry. I am scared to my bone in an unknown place being followed by giant shadow creatures from heaven and there is no one I can turn to for help. The hairs on the back of my neck rise making me alert. I wipe the tears and peek behind the pole. I cannot make out anything for few minutes but then I see the shadows rising from the ground and taking shapes. A gasp leaves me and I take off; start running to find another cover to make them loose my trail. I constantly keep looking back to see if I lost them. Which is why I don't see when a person steps out from the shadows of the dark ally walls and stands in front of me. I run straight into him, crashing into him like a car without breaks crashes into a wall; and it did feel like a wall only it wasn't and that is even more scary because this person seemed physically strong and I am not.

I had somehow run into the darkest corner of which ever place I am currently in and the lack of light prevented me from seeing the face of the person who now has a hold on me.  The Shadow creatures come closer and I desperately struggle to free myselfs from the man holding my arm but he suddenly presses me towards him placing a finger to my tampals and I am consumed by a shade of obsidian darkness
as I loose my consciousness.

••°•°•°•°•°•°••

My head starts pounding when I try to open my eyes, my conciseness returning to me. With some determination and energy I get my eyes to flutter open and find myself laying on a dirty floor in a dark place which I can only think of as what a dungeon would look like.

Panicking, I Scrabble to my feet forgetting about the pounding head and concentrating instead  on my pounding heart I try to run but the second I take a step forward I fall back down on my keens. A strained whimper escapes my lips as a sharp pain shoot up my left knee and my elbow gets scrapped. I look back to my fallen legs to see the reason of my fall and I see a thin thread of light circled around my right ankle. It glows and moves in the dark. I hesitantly reach for it but when I touch it it feel like I am grabbing at air. The thin strand is there visible to my eyes but my hands go right past it, as if it is a ghost thread. I hesitantly stand up again and try to move but it prevents me from going even a step further; again. I don't feel the weight of it on my skin but when I try to escape it bites into my skin like a real plastic thread that is tied to tightly. My body already feels drained but now my will is faltering too. My eyes start pouring salty water down my face as I claw at this magical thread but it feels like clawing at air and I start crying even more.

"It won't work" A soft yet rough voice calls from the shadows. I quickly turn around in search of its source while also looking for something that I could use as a weapon. A lean figure walks out from the deepest corner of the dungeon; coming and standing under the only spot where the light through the dusty window, high up on the wall filters out moon light. It takes me only a second to take in his appearance and know who my kidnapper is.