Chapter sixteen: The future king

Chapter sixteen:

The future king

I awoke with the back of my head throbbing. I sat up and looked around. I was in a room I had never seen. It was lavishly decorated with paintings and tapestries. I went to the door. I opened it to reveal a thing bald man. “His highness will see you now,” He said. I followed him down a grand stair case. He led me to an area where nine people lounged. The man left me. Two people got up. They were two people I didn’t want to see. I went for my sword. It wasn’t there. I went for my pistol. It also wasn’t there. Clarisse came and squished me in a hug. James began to stroke my hair when she let go. “Oh my dear girl I am so glad to see you. When you fell off the ship I thought we would never see you again,” She said through crocodile tears.

I saw Emma and Robert peering over a couch. Jason and Sarah just stared ahead at three people. I sat down. They continued to smother me. Clarisse stroked my hair. I stood up. “Get off of me you bunch of over grown curs,” I said. They all stared behind me. I turned around to find a blonde hair young man just and inch taller than me. “Helena, I am Prince Thomas, your husband to be,” He said. He took my hand and kissed it. I jerked my hand away. “I’m not marrying you mangy bill drat,” I barked. “I apologize, your majesty. The sea must have given her a sickness. Come with me Helena,” Clarisse said grabbed my hand. She dragged me into the other room. “How dare you call our prince, your new husband, a bill drat?” She scowled. “After I escaped I was reunited with my father. If you don’t mind I would like to return to him,” I said. “You don’t get it. We were told to come to London because of you. He saw you in New Forest and wanted to marry you. When we arrived we looked like asses without out you,” She said.

“You don’t need my help to look like an ass. You do that by your lonesome,” I said. “Now you will marry this man. When you do you will accept us into your family. Do you understand?” she said angrily. “Now you listen. There is no way in hell I will marry that bastard you bitch,” I said. She then slapped me across the face. She called to the guards to have me escorted to my chambers. I heard her say to the prince that I was ill and needed rest. I was shoved into my chambers. I went outside on the balcony. The drop was a hundred feet or more. There was no escape. “I can see you figured out you cannot leave,” I heard a voice say. I turned and saw the prince standing in the middle of the rum.

“Why exactly do you want to marry me? I am a pirate for Christ sake,” I said. “I don’t see a pirate before me. I see a beautiful young woman with the potential of being queen. Don’t you want to be queen?” He asked. “If it means marrying you, then no,” I said. “I would rather be hung from the sailing upside down for two days then spend one day being married to you,” He just laughed. “You will change your mind when the wedding day comes,” He said turning to leave. “Just a reminder there is no escaping this wedding. So get use to things,”

Three days passed. I didn’t leave my room. I stayed in the same clothes and didn’t eat anything they gave me. Finally Clarisse forced me to eat. She of course disapproved of the way I was acting. On the fourth day Emma came to visit me in my prison. “Helena I am so glad you’re safe,” She said hugging my neck tight. I wrapped my arms around her. I released her and looked at how much she had grown. “How have things been since I left?” I asked. “Very well Robert isn’t bothering me anymore. He says mostly because he is learning from Jason, but it is because I whooped his hid two times,” She grinned. I smiled at her and ruffled her hair. “What about you Helena? How have the two months been treating you?” She asked. I told her about my father and the crew.

I told her of my adventures in Morocco with the Prince and the times I jumped off Cassia and onto the ship. I even told her about Talon. “What happened with you two?” She asked. “He…. He was in love with someone else,” I said. “Are you upset Helena?” She asked. I felt a tear roll gently down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away. I shook my head. Emma left and I sat alone in my prison. I thought about everything. Especially my father, who I had spent two months with on the greatest adventure I will ever have. I would never get to see him or the crew. I would never get to taste the sweet taste of near death. I wouldn’t get to feel the spray of the sea and the wind in my hair.

But I would never get to see Talon again. The man I trusted with my love that I know hated. I missed him because he was a reminder of my home, the Queen Anne’s revenge. I finally let myself cry. I sat on the balcony and let the tears fall down my cheeks and onto the ground. I had no one to go to in this mad house. I had only me. I was once more on my own. I realized how lonely it was. Before my adventure I was used to it, but now I was used to having my closest friends by my side.

After five days of grieving a day that was too soon came, the day of my wedding to the future king of England.