Chapter 4

*Maheshwari Pov*

"Maha!" Mom said while I stared at the back of Di with a slight hurt.

"I am fine, Mom." I mumbled and walked away, ignoring her to reach my favorite spot.

And that turned out to be a big blunder because I just got to know the things which I don't think I can handle at all.

I stayed on my bed with eyes open thinking what to do now. Should I talk to Mom? But she will get upset and sad.

Should I talk to these both and try to make them come out of this plan? I snorted thinking they will not even hear the second word if I start talking.

Should I keep quiet and behave like I never heard anything? But how can I do that? I can't let all this happen.

Should I tell Nakul? What if he will harm my family knowing all this? I thought groaning and turned to press my face on the pillow.

Then suddenly it struck me and I know whom to talk. He seemed to be sensible, even though weird, but he may help me.

"Well?" his voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"What is it? I need to go back before Nakul comes and go with him if he has to go somewhere." He added and I stared at him.

"Why were those people coming near to me?" I asked and he frowned at me.

"You seemed to behave suspiciously. So, I asked them to get a hold of you if you seem to walk away." He replied and I stared at him in shock.

"What?" I asked him and he shrugged like really just shrugged.

"So, if anyone seems to be a threat, you will do that?" I asked and he nodded.

"What will you do then?" I asked frowning.

"We will interrogate the person and decide whether there is any harm from that person for Nakul." He replied and I nodded.

"If the person have harming thoughts?" I asked, hoping the reply is something mild.

"Either jail or something worse." He replied so simply that I had to gulp the fear.

"Why? He is just a business man, right?" I asked him frowning.

"Yeah! But he has enemies. They are not there here as he never interfered with any business in India. But now he has taken over, we are taking extra measures." He replied and I sighed.

"That still seems to be too much." I mumbled while he frowned.

"Are you here to make enquiries about him instead of your sister? Isn't it late with the wedding being within two weeks?" he asked and I looked away from him.

"I need a promise from you." I said and waited, but he didn't say anything.

I repeated the words and turned towards him. He nodded, but I took out the paper I wrote from my bag.

"I want a word from you that you will not punish my family." I said and gave him the paper where I wrote the words before passing the pen for him to sign.

"Are you serious?" he asked and I nodded to which he shoved the paper and pen in my hands before getting up from the bench.

"Fine! I thought of helping your boss and now I will not." Saying that I stood up and turn to walk away but he called my name.

"Fine!" he said and took the paper before signing it.

"Now, tell me." He demanded.

"My father and sister doesn't have pure intentions regarding the marriage." I said and he stared at me.