➶ prøløgüe

Chapter soundtrack: 'Concerning Hobbits' by Howard Shore

(Don't play until told unless you want happy shire music backing the scene of Robins town burning down lmao)

prøløgüe

___

Waves of unforgiving flame was all that surrounded the little girl as she ran as fast as her small feet could handle, avoiding the ghastly, hideous creatures at all costs. Dense black smoke seeped its way into her lungs, choking the child as she spluttered up ash which had forcefully invaded her throat. An excessive amount of salty tears streamed down her face, blurring her vision as the hellish scene in which surrounded her only grew more and more horrific.

The orcs had come out of nowhere.

They stampeded in with drawn weapons and ignited torches, their only objective being to destroy. The demonically brutal creatures screeched in joy as they sliced the head off many a man, and her village now sat engulfed in flame.

Stomach wrenching screams echoed throughout the valley, but no one was coming to aid. After all, who would give up soldiers in assistance of a mere human town that could offer nothing in return?

Blood stained the village streets, and bodies upon bodies were tossed mercilessly to the curbs. Homes which once held happy little families burned to ash as their once stable structure turned to charcoal. No mercy was shown towards the women nor children, as the inferno of a town turned into a mass grave. The place used to be bustling and bright, but it now stood unrecognisable.

No comfort was brought to the little girl as she dashed through an unknown field, for her mother and brother remained trapped inside of the burning village. Call her selfish, but she was only nine years of age, therefore her little mind could not comprehend what in Middle Earth was going on.

She called out for her mother as tears continued to pour down her delicate face, her throat raw from all the smoke and ash she had coughed up, but she knew that she would receive no answer. She had seen the last of her mother and brother.

The little girl's brother was fatally wounded as soon as the orcs had arrived, as he had stood between his sister and a fired arrow, taking the hit on himself. Her mother would not abandon his body. With a large arrow through his small chest, the boy was most certainly dead, but the woman could not bring herself to leave.

The child begged for her mother to escape with her, but the woman knew that she would only cause the death of them both. The girl was little, therefore she could run away without being noticed, but her mother was both injured and a full grown woman making her an easy target. In the end, the child had followed her mothers command and now found herself on the edge of a dense forest.