- 07 -

Jimin breathed heavily, having witnessed everything from his seat. Although the car windows were tinted, the person in the inside could still clearly see everything on the outside.

He had watched when his Suga-hyung ran from the door and stooped in front of the car as their pursuer fired gunshots at him. He had also seen how his hyung calmly shot the pursuer's feet without even looking and how the masked pursuer struggled to reach the weird-looking statue with his foot bleeding.

Lastly, from Jimin's position in the passenger's seat, he clearly saw Suga's arm raise, aiming his gun at the sky. At first, it made Jimin confuse on what the heck was his hyung doing. Then the gun fired.

The next thing Jimin knew was that there was a shriek coming from behind the statue as something unknown fell from the sky towards their pursuer, and the car door was already opening with his hyung calmly sliding inside and starting the car.

Everything seemed to have happened within five seconds.

Jimin's head was aching.

"Are you alright there, kid?" Suga asked.

No, not really.

"Uh...I think so..."

A moment of silence.

"Actually I am freaking not," Jimin blurted out, unable to help himself anymore. "Yesterday I was just planning to buy groceries when I walked out of the bathroom and saw you there in my room and now somebody actually wanted to eliminate my existence in this world and I found out that my dad is a leader of a spy thingy plus there is this data shit that I still don't really understand then now we are being pursued and I just saw you almost get killed when you went out awhile ago because the freaking man was shooting shits at you then you shot his feet then you shot again then something fell then now we're here and I can't believe that I almost died awhile ago but now it's safe I don't know."

Jimin panted wildly and his eyes were wide as he stared at the car's dashboard. He just blurted out everything. He couldn't... Seriously, what the heck was this all?

Ugh, somebody help him.

And while Jimin was in a middle of a serious existential crisis, Suga was laughing. Laughing. The nerve.

"Chill, okay?" the older boy said as he chuckled at Jimin, making the younger boy glare at him. "Firstly, I understand why you're hyperventilating. It's normal. Everything might be shocking for you but let me tell you this, Cutie, there will be crazier things that are about to happen."

Jimin huffed in annoyance. "I am not hyperventilating. How dare you?" And seriously, what's with all these nicknames? Kid, babe, cutie... Ugh. Jimin was going crazy.

Suga ignored his sentiments. "Secondly, as much as I'm deeply touched that you love me so much to always worry about me being killed, there's no need for that. Honey dear, you're now seated beside the rumoured ultimate agent of Alpha Centauri. There's a reason why there are gossips going around that I might inherit Z's position, I'm just that good. To clear things though, I do not plan to do that nor am I even suited for that. I'm good, but Z is a way different league. You're father is just the best of the best."

Jimin blinked. Hearing this stranger—who was not that much of a stranger anymore, really—say those things about his father made him feel something warm and pleasant inside. Suga just sounded so...sincere and amazed when he talked about Z, about Jimin's father.

"Thirdly, that thing that fell was a bird, for your information," Suga said as he did a sharp turn.

The younger boy's eyes immediately widened when the words reached his ears. He gasped. "W-wait...you killed an innocent bird?!"