Chapter 6

~Casey Jones~
9:50 pm

I hissed as my hands scraped against the stone blue pavement,

"You knew the risks, Jones." My landlord 'Bubba' chuckled and kicked my side, I winced and gritted my teeth preventing a cry escaping. His two goons, Dumb and Dumber stepped out and glared down at me. They tossed my suitcases towards me, the sloppy latches broke and my clothes came tumbling out.  "What a shame." Bubba chuckled.

"I didn't steal the money," I grumbled, I could feel the blood dripping from my mouth.

"Then why did I find the money in ya' room!" He boomed, his voice echoing through the empty street.

"I told ya' I was set up!" I shouted back at him, I slowly got to my feet. The three men staring me down.

"Don't lie to me, Jones." He growled, "I trusted you, and you stole from me!" He shouted, his spit flying from his mouth. "Now, I'm gonna' kill ya'. Nothing personal, just business." He smirked, "Boys," He signaled to his goons, "Kill him." My feet dragged me away from the three men as they pulled out their guns.

~April O'Neil~
8:30 am

"O'Neil!" My boss stormed towards me, "You messed up once again," she slammed the coffee on my desk, "I asked for a HOT, soy, caramel latte with one and a half pumps of cream not two. One more mistake O'Neil and you're done for!" The grey haired woman strutted off. I sighed and rested my head on my desk. Being an assistant for a famous French fashion designer in New York City was not as it was expected. She was a pure devil who made very fashionable clothes, and was my boss. The newest fashion reveal was soon, only a few hours soon. My eyes glanced at the TV in the dressing room,

"Hamato Solutions have been attacked once again, the employees say it all-" the TV was stitched to the fashion channel, the latest buzz being about my boss, Tina Shountianna's latest season of dresses. I rolled my eyes and looked at the paperwork in from of me. You would think being a world famous fashion designers assistant you wouldn't have your desk in the dressing room as the sleek and irritated models.

"What are you waiting for O'Neil!? Get me my coffee, and do it correctly!" Tina shouted at me, I stood up and walked out of the warehouse to retrieve the devil's drink.

~Casey Jones~
6:40 am

"Get up Jones!" A felt her kick my foot,

"Shut up, Eliza." I mumbled and turned in my broken bed.

"I have to go to work today, and so do you." I turned to look at my step-sister,

"I'm gonna call in sick."

"No you're not." She snapped at me, "You need money, Casey. You can't live here forever, and you can't keep in blowing off work. You said you were going to change this year, Casey. So far, you haven't."

I rolled my eyes and looked at her, "Don't you have someone's butt to kiss up to?"

She huffed, shaking her head, and left. I leaned over and checked my phone,

6:45

I sighed and rested my head on my pillow, Bubba would be expecting me at his place soon. I rolled out of my bed and got ready for the long day ahead of me.

~April O'Neil~
9:00 am

I was second in line, a small woman in front of me, a trashy man behind me.

"No, no, no milk. I'm lactose intolerant." The small woman denied the coffee in front of her.

"Hurry up will ya'?" The man behind me snapped at the woman. I turned on my heel to look at the rude man,

"Excuse you, she can take however long she wants." I defended the elder woman, the man narrowed his eyes at me.

"Who are you to talk girly? Don't you have a cafe to run?" The bulky man remarked.

"You are an a-"

"Back off on the kind girls would ya'?" A second man butted in, his black hair tossed, his shirt halfway tucked in to his jeans.

The first man grumbled and stormed out of the coffee shop,

"Thank you." I looked at the man who stood in defense.

"Your welcome girly, Casey Jones here to help." The man smirked at me.

"April, April O'Neil." I smiled at him.

~Casey Jones~
10:00 pm

I stumbled down the street, running from the three men chasing me.

"Ya can run but ya can't hide, Casey!" Bubba shouted after me, I continued to run. My heart pounding in my chest, I ran farther down the street only to bump into someone. My head shot up at the person, only to it being,

"O'Neil?"

"Casey?"

I heard shots ring out behind me, I pulled her up with me and dragged her along with me.

"It's not safe, lets go!"

She ran beside me, us both running away from Bubba and his goons, we turned down a dark alley. Dumb, Dumber and Bubba running right past us.

"So this is your job?" April breathed out.

"Was. Fashion designer yours?" I huffed out looking at her expensive clothes.

"Was." Our eyes connected only to let out small laughs,

"I guess we both had a bad day." I chuckled lightly.

"It wasn't all bad," she smiled at me, " I did meet you after all." We both smiled at each other.

"Never steal from a bar owner." I peeked out of the alleyway and walked into the open light.

"Never spill coffee on a designer dress." April stepped out as well smiling at me, "I guess we both learned our lessons." She smiled.

~April O'Neil~
9:35 pm

"Show time everyone!" Tina shouted at the models. I was carrying the staffs coffee they ordered, as the show was going to last almost all night. "Hustle, hustle!"

I was passing out the coffee as the staff and models were bustling out the door. I was handing Tina her hot, soy, caramel latte with one and a half pumps of cream just as the final, and wedding dressed model ran into me, and the coffee. The hot coffee splashed on the designer, expensive, sheet white wedding dress. Everyone froze, it was silent backstage.

"O'NEIL!" Tina's voice screeched through all of back stage, "YOU'RE FIRED!" My world shattered with that shout. I was done for, my feet carried me to my stuff and out of the warehouse with a shouting fashion designer after my head. I escaped to the street, myself being lost in thought until someone ran into me.

"O'Neil?"

"Casey?"

~End of Chapter~

As always, thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter of an insight of April O'Neil and Casey Jones. Please comment, vote, and share. Plus check out our other book TMNT Together, and two other amazing books.

Lost Control

TMNT~Life

Chapter by K