68: Bushy Tail

Once Lea dismissed the talk, she then proceeded to gathering beast meat, fruits and herbs. She brought her bags onto Hamsphant who appeared to be delighted to be of service to her again. In return, she would stroke its fur whenever it liked.

To the beast's sudden addition, Seth, Liam, Nia and Duran were left to wonder what sorcery occurred for Lea to have gone soft all of the sudden. Seth was especially jealous over a beast. He was fine with the fox as it didn't appear to be very demanding for Lea's affection, although he had noticed it was protective, it was not to the point of his annoyance.

Whenever he tried to join in between Lea and Hamsphant's playtime, the latter would use its tusks to threaten him. He was not scared, of course, but he couldn't afford to kill the beast either. The least he would ever want was to see Lea looking at him in a bad light. He would rather endure for the sake of her affections.

"You save us this time." She stated as she continuously stroke Hamsphant's furry body, making the beast cry in delight. She intended to have Hamsphant bring them closer to Sabio faster, providing them with less troubles in their journey.

To her words, Duran stood erect to inform, "We have learnt much from the soldier." Seth nodded in agreement, while Izaya's brows creased, his golden eyes expressed conflict.

"Speak." And she turned her full attention to Duran, much to Hamsphant's dismay.

Seth snickered quietly to the side, receiving Hamsphant's curious gaze.

Their brief eye contact were ignored by everyone else, while the fox could only roll its eyes.

"He revealed that they have canons sent from overseas. And that their King was building ties with a nation in Sabrina in the hopes of unifying the two continents. Fighting for their King's cause, they were put through a certain battle training wherein they were given handguns, rifles and canons for practice." Duran promptly explained.

"What of this nation in Sabrina?" Lea asked, her expression unchanged.

"It seems the soldier we caught did not know much of the connections, but only from rumors and announcements."

She crossed her arms on her chest, her ruby eyes deep in thought when a silent appearance of a powerful entity joined their crowd. She immediately looked up, only to be confronted by immense pressure with Ingrid shouting in her mind.

"HE IS STRONG!! WTF is wrong these days. Can't this fuckin' sea of monsters give you a rest at least for a week????!!"

"................." It was another moment later when the others noticed the presence of the intruder, causing their mind to shout an alarm.

The intruder appeared dominating with his bright silver hair as his golden eyes spoke of murder. His stoic expression screamed indifference to anything and everything in its surroundings. He was the first to break the silence of his welcome, "Ingrid?"

"I am not." Her short answer that seemed to challenge his might caused a slight shade of curiosity in his golden eyes.

"You know who she is then."

"............."

"I want her dead. Where is she?"

"............."

"Ah... Don't tell me..."

Before he could finish his words, a light blue of hue flashed by everyone's eyes. At the end of their sight was the fox who always remained by Lea's side wherever she went. From taking baths, to private matters. From killing beasts, to her sleep. From her wake, to the end of her day. It was always there to watch over her.