Bonus | Grawyer Prom

Author's Note: I originally wrote this as part of the 2016 Summer Wattpad Block Party, but I know that a lot of you didn't get to read it and the person posting the Block Party had to remove it, so I thought that I would post it here so that those who wanted it could read it.

Also, in case you haven't gotten any of the numerous messages I've sent out about this - my pal singer-songwriter Alec Benjamin wrote a song for Saving Sawyer based on Sawyer and Graham's love story! It's super cute and honestly the most adorable thing ever, so I definitely recommend checking it out. I've posted it at the top as the song for the chapter.

And without further ado, here's the long-awaited prom scene. Enjoy! And remember that this takes places about four years prior to where we are at in the sequel, Finding Sawyer.

Bonus Chapter | Grawyer Prom

"It's time to let go; everything's gonna be alright." — Finding Nemo

"So," Graham says, looking over at me in the back of the limo with a weird look. "Are you sure you don't wanna tell me?"

"I'm sure," I confirm with a small nod, pulling my phone out of my clutch bag and sending Aspen a quick text to explain to her that I'm already gone and that Graham and I won't be coming by the house. I'm sure she won't take it well at all, especially because she wanted to take lots of pictures of Graham and me, but it'd be stupid to go when we're late already.

 I'm sure she won't take it well at all, especially because she wanted to take lots of pictures of Graham and me, but it'd be stupid to go when we're late already

I laugh at my friend's apparent confusion and then put my phone back in my bag, zipping it up and then I look at Graham.

"So, what made you decided to get a limo?" I ask, voicing the question that's been on my mind since the minute I saw it.

"Sienna said traditional was better," He explains, shrugging his shoulders. "Also, I'm not old enough to rent a sport's car."

I laugh quietly at that — I should've known it was her who put him up to this. Not that I'm complaining though, because I'm most definitely not. I've never been in a limo, but I can see now why they're so popular at these types of events; it's so nice and fancy. I mean, it'd probably look better if we had more people in here with us, but we're not very sociable people.

"Well, I have to agree with her on that," I say, looking all around in awe. I mean, it's nothing too extravagant, but it's cool.

"Yeah," Graham chuckles and then I feel him grabbing my hand in his. "Are you sure you're okay? I'm just kind of worried."

"Don't be," I urge, looking back at him with a soft smile. "I'll tell you what I was doing if you promise you won't freak out."

"Promise," He instantly agrees, interlacing his fingers through mine. "I will be totally calm, cool, and collected," He adds.

"Okay," I say, sitting back and clearing my throat. "So, I guess I had a wave of bravery hit, so I went to see Flynn," I blurt.

Graham doesn't say anything in response, which is really unexpected, because even though he said he wouldn't freak out, I still kind of expected him to say something, just out of habit. He's never really been on board with the idea of me talking to Flynn, which I can totally understand. Like when Flynn requested I come to see him while he was incarcerated, Graham strongly advised against it and I think that was a big part of the reason why I ultimately decided not to go. But right now he's just being totally quiet, which is a little concerning, but he doesn't look upset, so I take that to mean he wants more.