Chapter 11

Since the incident with my dress for the Report, my maids had made sure to take extra caution with my clothes. We still didn't know who had ruined mine and Liana's dresses, though Liana was convinced it was Samuele. I hadn't bothered telling Derek; I didn't want to risk an argument over something silly, not when everything was going so wonderfully.

I was curled up on the couch in between Rowan and Liana, watching reruns of old movies while the rain pounded on the windows. Though Liana and I spent most of our free time together, Rowan had begun joining us every so often. Genevieve had been absent the past few days, so it was nice to have the extra company.

Liana's stomach rumbled suddenly, prompting us to burst into giggles.

"What on earth was that?" Rowan quieted, smiling slightly as she stared at Liana.

I snorted. "It sounded like a stampede."

"I'm hungry!" Liana giggled, grabbing her belly as she hunched over.

Rowan paused for a moment. "We can go down to the kitchens and make something."

Liana stared at her. "What? As much as I'd love that, we can't go into the

"Nobody ever told us we couldn't," Rowan shrugged, playing with her inky black braid. "Besides, I'm a baker. I know what I'm doing."

Liana and I exchanged glances before she grinned. "I like your style Row. Let's go bake!"

At the sound of Liana's outburst, Eveline, Kamryn, and Sage's heads all shot up. "Baking? Can we come?"

Rowan blushed. "Are you alright with that?" I asked.

She paused, swallowing suddenly, before a large smile spread across her face. "Of course! The more the merrier, right?"

After convincing the head chef that we wouldn't destroy his kitchen, Rowan set us up throughout the room. Liana and I set about making the batter, Rowan behind our shoulders with instructions. Sage and Kamryn volunteered to pour the batter in the pans, while Eveline, being an artist, was chosen to frost and decorate.

While the cupcakes cooled on the rack, we sprawled across the kitchen. Liana and I ended up on a counter, Sage and Kamryn across the floor, and Rowan and Eveline leaned against the massive fridge.

"I miss the animal hospital back home." Kamryn spoke suddenly, speaking of her job training as a vet.

"I miss my lab." Sage agreed, her head resting on Kamryn's stomach.

"I miss nothing." Liana spoke bitterly beside me; I always forgot about her own issues with her family. Suddenly, I was reminded of my own and the stupid fight Annika, my sister, and I were in. I wished that I could speak to her, but I couldn't.

The room was silent after Liana's comment until Eveline spoke up. "Can we all promise to be honest with one another?"

Everyone sat up. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I want us to be honest. Open," Eveline's eyes swiped across us all. "About Derek."

"Like what? How many times we've kissed him?" I teased.

Eveline shrugged and looked at me. "Sure."

I blanched as she continued staring. "What?"

"How many times have you kissed him, obviously." Kamryn stared pointedly at me.

"I don't know--it's not like I've been counting," I blushed, my mind racing through every time I'd been with Derek. "Besides, that's personal."

"It's a damn Selection; everyone knows what's going on," Kamryn rolled her eyes. "He's kissed me twice. There."

"Three times," Sage piped up beside her, grinning proudly. I felt my stomach roll; just as I'd felt us becoming closer, it was already ending.

"Four!" Eveline smirked.

"This is stupid," Liana rolled her eyes. "This isn't a competition."

"Of course it is. Maybe you're just jealous?" Kamryn stood suddenly.

"Alright, alright," I stood, standing in between Kamryn and Liana, before Lia could do anything stupid. "More or less kisses don't mean anything. We shouldn't be fighting about this."

"Erika's right," Eveline and Rowan walked over. "We're friends, not enemies."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." Kamryn glared before storming out of the room.

Eveline gave an apologetic shrug before rushing out of the kitchen after her friend. Liana, face still flushed from Kamryn's insult, turned on her heel not long after. I nearly ran after Lia, but after seeing the look on her face, I changed my mind. I knew my friend; and I knew she needed a moment alone.

"Well, that was awkward." Rowan walked over, handing me a cupcake.

"You can say that again." I groaned, slumping to the floor.

As I stuffed my mouth with the cupcake, numbers swirled through my head. It hadn't hit me until now that Derek was kissing other girls; I'd never even seen him with any of the others, though I knew he obviously went on dates with them as well.

An uncomfortable feeling passed through me; I didn't want him to be kissing other girls, even though I'd said the amount hadn't mattered.

I'd been so focused on Derek, I hadn't thought about the other girls. Now that I had, I couldn't help but feel jealous.

And it scared me how much I cared.
  _________________________
Sort of a cutesy? chapter but definitely some more drama beginning to come through!

sorry for the long wait, school has been insane! but, I only have 6 more days and 6 finals and then its summer which means more time to update!

hope you guys enjoyed, have an amazing day!

xoxo, _lovemultifandoms_