-42-

CHAPTER 42 | YOU!!!

Pyro's P.O.V.

Before I knew it, the day had flown by, and it was already six o'clock in the evening. My mother and I drove together while everyone else drove with my father.

This was the perfect time to talk to my mother only and her. It was something that has been at the back of my mind since this morning. I didn't feel comfortable talking about it in front of everyone else.

"Mom, can I ask you something," I asked her as I stared out of the window "If there was any chance that it is true, how exactly would I get pregnant?"

After saying it out loud, I wish I could take it back. I know I was going to regret it.

"Well, you can't get pregnant, you're a guy," she said simply.

I sigh in relief, hearing that somewhat made my night.

"But, your wolf can," glancing over at me. She had this serious look in her eyes that made me pay attention to every word she said, "if you have sex in your wolf form while in heat, she could get pregnant. When you change back to your human form, you will be pregnant. You will go through the morning sickness and start showing after a few months."

Okay, so I can't get pregnant, but my wolf can. That seems easy enough, right?

"I don't think it would be that bad if you do have kids," she said, trying to make it sound natural.

"Of course you don't, you want grandchildren," I told her, as I look back out the window to see us turning on to a private road. " I guess we're here."

As we pull up to the packhouse, I rethink the whole reason I am here. At that moment, I would rather deal with the alpha's punishment. It couldn't be that bad. I knew somewhere within those walls, Jesse awaits.

What am I doing here?

"Pyro, I know you don't want to be here, but please be respectful," she said in a more sterner tone as she parked the car, "Can you do that for me?"

"I won't do anything unless somebody does something to piss me off," I told her as I got out of the car and quickly closed the door before she could get a word in.

Once we entered the banquet hall, all eyes landed on us, or should I say me. Taking a few glances around the massive room, I realize this was going to be a long night. Nearly everyone here is a guy and probably single.

"Mom," I whispered as if the crowd wouldn't hear me as we made our way through the sea of werewolves.

"I know," she said faintly, grabbing my hand to calm my nerves. I was grateful, but it wasn't helping me not wanting to run back the way I came, "it be over before you know it."

We reached where my father stood. He was talking with the alpha and alpha female. Luckily Jesse is nowhere to be found, which made my night now.

My father smiled when he saw us. He introduces my mother then me. The alpha's eyes widen in amazement, making his way in front of me.

"So, you're the white wolf I heard so much about?" I could feel his eyes on me as he continued to talk, "It's nice to put a face to the white wolf."

"I'm the human side of the white wolf you heard so much about," I said with a smile as I looked around the room, "she is the one that you heard so much about."

He laughs before clearing his throat.

"I'm Carlos and the alpha of this pack," he said more formally as he held out his hand.