72: Regroup?

"Bright? Hey! Wake up!"

Woken up from his daze, Bright blinked his eyes in confusion. The girl whose name he did not know appeared so familiar to him. Remembering vaguely the moment she uttered his name before total darkness engulfed his consciousness.

"Lea...?"

"Yes?"

He immediately spun his head towards the voice, only to feel himself growing hot. His heartbeat uncontrollable, and his throat suddenly felt like a lump was in it. But his gaze did not waver, eventually earning a smile from her.

Her actions caused him to lose himself in a moment. His breathing started to roughen up as he forgot to breath. His ears remained sensitive to the beating of his heart. With every loud beat, he was reminded he was living the moment. With every loud beat, the more he believed whatever it was that reflected in his blue eyes.

"....Lea...."

"It's indeed me, Bright." She dutifully answered.

"..Lea...!"

"..........."

"..Le-----"

Covering his mouth with her soft hands, memories spent with her flashed through his eyes. Especially the moment similar to their current position.

His blue eyes marveled at the sight of her. He slowly lifted his hands to hold her shoulders only to be stopped by a crimson eyed and aquamarine eyed youths. They held his hands in midair by taking one each for their own.

"No touching." Was what they warned him.

Although he was confused, he was dumbfounded at seeing her once again. Another tear slid down his cheeks, and another, until his faucet broke and a waterfall begun.

Surprised by his reaction, Lea's ruby eyes widened. Her lips paled. "H-Hey---"

But before she could finish her line, Bright forced his way from the others' grip and embraced her with all his might. He even had to apply essences to release himself, but removed the application right after to avoid hurting her. "L-L-Lea...!!"

Snot on his nose, wet cheeks, and his blue eyes closed, Bright buried his head on Lea's healthy bosom. Unbeknownst to him, it was not only his head that will be buried if he did not let go soon. But he did not let go until Lea gently begun stroking his back in comfort. 

She did not know how to respond, but she thought Bright must have experienced terrible things after she left. She could only imagine. Her heart shrouded with pity for the boy who clung to her desperately. And she continued to stroke his back to shoo away his tears.

Finally recovering himself, he returned to the reality before him. "Your appearance... changed once again....." Was what he uttered with his weak voice, his ocean blue eyes never leaving Lea's face.

Lea shrugged, "Yea. Too many things to tell. But I'm glad to see you are fine." She replied, an amicable smile dancing on her lips. This caused Bright to gasp for air once again. He was confused why he was getting short of breathe since he first laid his eyes on her. But he knew, he was very pleased to meet her once again. So pleased that he was reluctant to think of what was next to come.

He reached out for her shoulder, and when he touched it, he couldn't stop his mouth. "You are really here... I can't believe it... I always thought you left us for good... Not a day past where I didn't wonder what you were doing, or what things you had in your mind. If you were still watching the sky closely. If you were still saving people and animals somewhere. I'm so glad you are real..."