S5: Raize Craze

The first time she disappeared, I felt I lost something significant.

When time continued to move without her just fine, I felt angry to the world.

I missed her.

I missed our comfortable talks.

I missed her small brief smiles whenever she found something interesting.

I missed being by her side.

Where did you go?
------------------

I continued to waste away my days alone.

I found comfort on the notes I copied from her.

Her theories reminded me every bit of her adventurous mind. Her curious gaze was always something to look at.

Every use of essences made me wince at the memories.

Books made me grab for my heart.

The sky... Oh the sky....

Why did you leave us behind?
-------------------

Fed up with my uselessness without her, I started experimenting on essences more.

I found I could improve my illusions if I had experience on the real things.

So, late one night, I went to a cemetery alone. A shovel in hand, I begun to dig up a corpse. When I was done, I stole a part of its body.

At first it was an arm.

Next it was the hands.

Later it was the fingers, until I was able to examine every part closely.

And true to my theory, I was able to summon an even more realistic sight.

Due to my excitement, I ran to the courtyard where the full view of the sky was in clear view. I looked for her silhouette, but there was nothing.

Ulla gave me a queer glance. Then realization dawned on me...

She was gone.
-------------------------

I found a poster of her beautiful face by the street one night. I had just come from my usual visit to the graves.

Seeing her face once again, something within me clicked.

I locked myself in my room once again.

...............

Surely, essences could do more than illusions for me now....